My 1967 RL411 Station Wagon - Canby or Bust!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Crack is whack, yo!

IMG_7382_zpsz1gqrq4e.jpg

Thankfully the Datsun gods keep giving. I was notified by Fucking Ted that there was a manifold for sale. Paid yesterday, should be headed my way Monday. Thanks Ted and Mike (guy with the parts).

I installed the new cable, pain in the ass until I discovered the correct technique. Install the entire cable from below, and then run it up through the engine bay. 

It's a way down there... :lol:

IMG_7406_zpsl2kwu5r8.jpg

IMG_7407_zpsmpdu4xg4.jpg

IMG_7408_zpsd0dvgc4e.jpg

Got some close enough blue engine paint and sprayed the pan. 

IMG_7425_zpscinecp8e.jpg

Will wait until the throttle linkage is back on the engine before I put that back on. 

Oh yeah, the exhaust manifold is a batch of parts, getting the intake and carbs as well so now the spare parts pile grows. :lol:

• Like 3

You can use all your skills you have developed over the years on various Datsun projects Into the KA 411 Wagon, once you are ready for the challenge!  LOL

Wow, I keep writting BS statements like that and they will want me to be a politician!  LOL

Have fun with your goon Redeye.

That's a shame. I can make more as needed. I should probably order up a couple and make a few for posterity. :lol:

Fixed up the console. The washer did not work so I used some thicker styrene I had laying around. Worked out pretty good, if I find ones in good shape I will likely reinforce it in a similar way only I'll probably try to make it look cleaner. :rofl:

New epoxy specific for plastic.

First get the boss back to one with the plastic.

IMG_7429_zpsyikvnigs.jpg

IMG_7430_zpsfvnjkh5r.jpg

Then on to some reinforcement, I tried to pull the curve out of it the housing and was somewhat successful.

IMG_7434_zpsxqldddjb.jpg

IMG_7431_zpsuo6vwwev.jpg

IMG_7432_zps2econnm8.jpg

IMG_7436_zpse2lmv4hb.jpg

IMG_7437_zpsvzuspcvp.jpg

Crack is still whack

IMG_7438_zpsd6hyrswp.jpg

IMG_7439_zpst4oxxbk1.jpg

IMG_7440_zpsqdtd7udm.jpg

IMG_7441_zpspnehngbi.jpg

IMG_7442_zpswso1ealn.jpg

IMG_7443_zpsyrxdntyi.jpg

New hardware, had to mod he center fastener.

IMG_7448_zpszee2b18k.jpg

IMG_7449_zps9vwagsq4.jpg

IMG_7451_zpsw3fyvna5.jpg

Some jerk lost the choke cable nut. :(

The panel is super solid now though. :)

IMG_7452_zpsspzrdcab.jpg

Also got the new rear brake line installed. Just in time I think. :rofl:

IMG_7446_zpsrm8ptlyt.jpg

IMG_7445_zps66tff7tt.jpg

• Like 4

Isn't it though. :lol:

One needle found, hopefully they are all in this haystack somewhere.

IMG_7465_zpssszjyolr.jpg

...and the spares pile accumulates. These will need a rebuild.

IMG_7467_zpsdvauduwj.jpg

Should be getting package 2 of 2 today with an intake and valve cover. This will have the steel coolant line I need. :thumbup:

Decided to pull the bumper to see how it looks. Not to bad, will have to see it on the ground though.

IMG_7468_zpsmc2gps6r.jpg

Then decided to pull the springs to drop the front a little. Note: disconnect the brake line first.... I've got a replacement on the way. :blush:

IMG_7470_zpsrc6aggnn.jpg

Drivers side is pulled, will maybe have the passenger out this weekend and then I'll cut 1.5 rings off. That seems to be the general consensus as to the optimum height adjustment. :)

IMG_7471_zpsvn6m1mue.jpg

I also have some other bit's on order, that dual cable grommet for one. I think I may get the exhaust ceramic coated, anyone have long term experience with these type of coatings?

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I never was able to keep the chemical stuff off of me.  I would always manage to splash it all over me.  That is the reason I went to Simple Green.  Now if I have a really bad grungy part I take to my engine rebuilders and have it hot tank and glassbeaded.  Other wise I wire wheel and scrap what I can of and then drop the smaller part in an old gallon of nasty carb cleaner.

• Like 1

A little off the bottom. 

IMG_7584_zpsybr2t1ww.jpg

I found a crack on the exhaust manifold. I am just going to weld it up and run it. Then I will concentrate on getting some flanges cut so I can build a header. This will be better in the long run, as I can run a bit bigger exhaust to let the motor breath a bit better.   :)

• Like 4