My 1967 RL411 Station Wagon - Canby or Bust!

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, ya I'm me on facebook :lol:  

Yep, it is the SWAG table. I love it, it's awesome. 

So... I was informed that this is 1 of 9 known RL411 wagons left. My plans for this may have just moved to keeping it stock, will need to think about this a bit more now.  :confused:

• Like 3

It stops pretty well considering all the rubber lines need to be replaced :lol:

Some more pics.

Body number

IMG_3087.jpg

Block number

IMG_3085.jpg

Where the body tag should probably be....

IMG_3130.jpg.

IMG_3131.jpg

I don't think I have the correct washer reservoir. Not really sure though, might be from a PL? Will be adding to the thread about the subject in the 411 section.

IMG_3112.jpg

IMG_3114.jpg

Stock seat upholstery? I haven't seen them like this, all the ones I've seen have bigger pleats. Will have to pull the rear cover and see what's under there.

IMG_3133.jpg

Custom package tray, real nice and solid piece.

IMG_3134.jpg

...and the rear body damage, no bondo that I can tell, just hammered/welded back to shape and painted. You can maybe see how the gate isn't flush with the tail panel.

IMG_3136.jpg

IMG_3138.jpg

IMG_3139.jpg

More pics as I dig into the car. Need to finish the red truck now and get this one into the garage. :)

• Like 1

Yaknow, when the red truck is done you can store it with the keys at my house, just make sure the tabs are current and we're good

It's going to Jeffs for a minute and then will be up for sale. 

Was that waffle sticker there at Canby???

Magnet and yes  :lol: 

Front bucket seat pleats are 2 1/2 inches wide, total of 4.  Ditto the seat cushion.

So these aren't the stock upholstery then? 

Also this has just a 1600 badge where I see SSS badges on other RL411's? 

• Like 1

[ -]2eDeYe" post="1394307" timestamp="1466208241"]

Frontend shot

IMG_3150_zpsfwruiyrk.jpg

Grill badge

IMG_3151_zps4apskwp9.jpg

Found the tag in the glovebox, motor has been replaced at some point with R-27940.

IMG_3154_zpszyjq3bqi.jpg

That just means you get to KA the thing now.

Dibs on the throttle rod on the intake.

So these aren't the stock upholstery then? 

Also this has just a 1600 badge where I see SSS badges on other RL411's? 

My original RL411 doesn't have any SSS badges either.  My thought is that the SSS badge was either reserved for the race optional rear end assembly or was added to the standard RL411 by the dealer to get more money from the buyer.

The RL411 series was a homologation model sold to the public to legalize the RL411 for Production Sedan Road Racing.  As such, all parts needed to upgrade the standard model were required to available through the dealer network to upgrade the "as sold" to the race configuration.  Go to the C pillar, 4 drill holes, 4 bullet inserts, 2 SSS badges and one on the grill and the dealer made quite a few bucks.

• Like 2

Thanks, ya I'm me on facebook :lol:

Yep, it is the SWAG table. I love it, it's awesome. 

So... I was informed that this is 1 of 9 known RL411 wagons left. My plans for this may have just moved to keeping it stock, will need to think about this a bit more now.  :confused:

9? So mine is #10?

• Like 1

My original RL411 doesn't have any SSS badges either.  My thought is that the SSS badge was either reserved for the race optional rear end assembly or was added to the standard RL411 by the dealer to get more money from the buyer.

The RL411 series was a homologation model sold to the public to legalize the RL411 for Production Sedan Road Racing.  As such, all parts needed to upgrade the standard model were required to available through the dealer network to upgrade the "as sold" to the race configuration.  Go to the C pillar, 4 drill holes, 4 bullet inserts, 2 SSS badges and one on the grill and the dealer made quite a few bucks.

Which brings up the question as to what rearend I have in the car. One of the bearings lost some cage and there's a nice hum from back there. Tearing into it's not a problem, but if parts aren't readily available then it becomes one.

I'll get some pics. :D

9? So mine is #10?

Just something I heard on the internet. I keep seeing them on the internet too, but it's hard to say with old cars sometimes. :lol: 

Pre sss........same car tho

No less confusing :fu: 

• Like 2

Which brings up the question as to what rearend I have in the car. One of the bearings lost some cage and there's a nice hum from back there. Tearing into it's not a problem, but if parts aren't readily available then it becomes one.

I'll get some pics. :D

Just something I heard on the internet. I keep seeing them on the internet too, but it's hard to say with old cars sometimes. :lol:

No less confusing :fu:

lol....I dont know much...that is what Greg (gcmustang) told me....

• Like 1

Having conversations on here and on facebook is weird... Not sure if the same people are having the same conversations. 

I'm talking with Tom and Ali-Reza there and you guys here and not sure of who is who in either place or what.  :lol: 

I did PM gcmustang about some parts on mklotz suggestion, also erichwaslike. No luck though so far. Suppose I should start a list and post it here for reference and get some wanted ads going. 

• Like 2