411 engine bay

Kenmataya

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its fairly easy, most likely the bearing is siezed up. first i would try just spraying wd40 into the housing, maybe even some liquid wrench, where the brushes go in, there is a gap.  if that doesn't free it up, push the motor out of the rubber casing, again a little wd40 will help, and you might have to cut a couple of slices in the end of the rubber if its unpliable.   Once its out, carefully pry up the aluminum housing where its crimped around the nylon cover all the way around.  this will allow you to pull out the rotor and clean things up.  Pull the rotor out slightly and then you can lift out the brushes, then pull the rotor all the way out.  I had to replace the key that locks the impeller onto the shaft with some brass stock.  Make sure the brushed look good, you can clean the surfaces with a fresh eraser.  Make sure the brushes contact the rotor when you reassemble.  Once you get everything freed up, put a little grease at the shaft seal and put it all back together - recrimp the aluminum to hold it all together.  good luck, lmk if you have any questions.

Ken

IMG_6831_zps5yaqjbgh.jpg

IMG_6834_zpsq2ezejag.jpg

IMG_6836_zpswpfgprmb.jpg

• Like 1

its fairly easy, most likely the bearing is siezed up. first i would try just spraying wd40 into the housing, maybe even some liquid wrench, where the brushes go in, there is a gap.  if that doesn't free it up, push the motor out of the rubber casing, again a little wd40 will help, and you might have to cut a couple of slices in the end of the rubber if its unpliable.   Once its out, carefully pry up the aluminum housing where its crimped around the nylon cover all the way around.  this will allow you to pull out the rotor and clean things up.  Pull the rotor out slightly and then you can lift out the brushes, then pull the rotor all the way out.  I had to replace the key that locks the impeller onto the shaft with some brass stock.  Make sure the brushed look good, you can clean the surfaces with a fresh eraser.  Make sure the brushes contact the rotor when you reassemble.  Once you get everything freed up, put a little grease at the shaft seal and put it all back together - recrimp the aluminum to hold it all together.  good luck, lmk if you have any questions.

Ken

IMG_6831_zps5cxde5re.jpg

IMG_6833_zpsoqzaqtsh.jpg

IMG_6834_zpsq2ezejag.jpg

IMG_6836_zpswpfgprmb.jpg

Or buy a cheap aftermarket washer bottle unit [doesn't matter what brand] and unbolt it's pump and do a little heart surgery!

00202_1zOOsyURUgg_600x450_zpsabvg2mg9.jp[/url]

00k0k_56gAhHdfu2U_600x450_zpsbzytpia9.jp[/url]

An automatic transmission car.  Giver the small brake fluid receptical I would guess that the original brake master cylinder has been switched with the Datsun Parts 1500 roadster unit that has the brakeline on "The wrong side for the 1500 roadster" [referring to the JDM model] which makes it perfect for the RL411.