New to this forum

crew521

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am waiting to see how he makes the connection, I would need at least 3 cabs to make one with a 23 inch extension and the top would be a major ordeal, he mentioned a 25 inch door to me at some point which would be about a 27 inch extension, if one has a way to shape a piece of metal for the top it would make it a lot easier.

The rear arch is going to be a challenge, it's about 8/9 inches from the back of the cab where the arch starts, and it's about 24 inches to the actual tire itself, so the inside of the cab will likely need an internal wheel well arch like the 510 wagon, it also has a notched door because of the wheel well.

• Like 1

custom-jeep-wrangler-billet-ext-conversi

Gonna have to build a cab like this to fit that wheelbase. Even a 720 extended cab frame like you've used Wayno would help reduce that issue, plus net balljoint and disc brake upgrades. Interested to hear more of the intended plans.

• Like 1

i never said i wasnt gonna extend frame..plan has always been to extend it a little between cab and bed mount where its strait and steal cab mount and that piece of frame from the blue trucks frame (my parts truck) and shorten bed both..i have always planned to full rag top this ratty thing so the top will be easier and not 3rd cab needed.. so boys just keep watching and ill show u as i go i promise lol :thumbup:  im wining it 1 piece at a time..having a blast doing it (bag frame first!!!!! then doors for size!!!! then cab for door size i end up with.....  then extend frame for cab i get then v8 in there some where lol wheels and tires in works by monday...  reverse 4 link bag on bar next week  .....dooring dorr pannel as shits cooling as well pics of that next week....heres last night work

20160608_230804_zpsrgwcirvc.jpg

20160608_230804_zpsrgwcirvc.jpg

frame and wheel paint HMMMMMMMMMMM lol wait i like that 1..and that1...pics on monday tires getting put on wheels 2mro am blasting last wheel today

• Like 1

Even a 720 extended cab frame will only work for about a 20 inch extension before the rear arch starts becoming an issue, if I had used a stock box on any of my kingcab conversions, I would have only had a 10 inch kingcab extension, as the frame isn't long enough, but it worked great with the stepside box.

Here is a thread you should look at Keith, it seems to be the route you are going except with a 521, what you are doing is going to be a lot of work.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/12236-severance-day-not-what-you-think/

Gonna have to build a cab like this to fit that wheelbase. Even a 720 extended cab frame like you've used Wayno would help reduce that issue, plus net balljoint and disc brake upgrades. Interested to hear more of the intended plans.

• Like 1

ITS TIME TO CAMP WITH THEM FAMILY FOR THE WEEKEND....BUT BEFOR I STOPPED TILL MONDAY IT WAS TIME  SEE ANOTHER BIG CHANGE  ..ILL LINK REAR NEXT WEEK AND PONDER THE CAB WHILE DOING IT....

20160609_210716_zps4pyspcmr.jpg

readt for the 1st cut

20160609_213258_zpsbbr8bmbs.jpg

there it is

20160609_215814_zpssli88inf.jpg

the seperation :ninja:

20160609_212431_zpsmoux2z0a.jpg

the x brace

20160609_224618_zpst2k6zgqu.jpg

trim for first test fit to decide whats next for next week got a few ideas :angel:

20160609_230310_zpswjvhi1ij.jpg i onow i got loose to the ble tape and make up the rest...thinkin postless B)

20160609_230252_zpsgnzaskdr.jpg

say goodbye to that perty little wing window :devil:

• Like 1

20160615_221906_zpsneef7btp.jpg

decided to  go forward instead of reverse and did 1st test fit of v8 in it for pinion angle idea

20160615_221914_zpsmdaldbmf.jpg

20160616_072643_zpsofybfzbt.jpggotts c gotta c notch from the top that new crosmember for drivline fitment

Edited by crew521
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

20160627_215958_zps8ymiykdg.jpg

c notched at 35 degree for lower links

20160627_215942_zpshmfjiipe.jpg

lower link tabs

20160627_221530_zpsjvkah8g9.jpg

tacked up all level

20160627_222448_zpsboxhcmsb.jpg

ready to cut to length and andweld in threaded bung

20160628_000331_zpscvdl5zpf.jpg

tacked in level at my ride height 

20160628_000109_zpsioxkv9qd.jpg

bags go bout there :)

20160627_215944_zpsfgcnxxi6.jpg

notice the notched crosmember that was my friday 8-10pm lol

all the other done monday eve 6-28-16

• Like 1

I will..... im gonna stretch between cab and bed mounts after link is done ...that be plan tje whole time man..cab ideas flowing and generating in my mind lol...not stretching to i know how much to after cab comes together as 1 lol...not playing the guessing game doing what jas to be done 1st bagged lol linked engine strect and driveline after cab wifes working on door pannels as we speek.

• Like 1

I seen the drive line and was wondering what was going on, but as you said it makes it easy to see how everything fits the way you are doing it.

So are you limiting how far the rear axle can drop away from the frame, that new cross member is really close to the drive line and it's not that high off the ground.

If you lift the frame once everything is put together, can the drive line touch that new cross member before the rear tires lift off the ground?

That driveline is the little datsun cut iff slid inside the c4 ford 1..worsk perfect for testing everything

• Like 1

I will be putting on limiting straps on the rear i will make the lift as much as in the rear equal to the front I don't want rear lifting all cattywampus taller than the front (hate that in bagged vejicle no thought just bolt on kits )I will place the bag and brackets in the right location (tward rear) for smoother less lift and to clear the trianghulated link upper bars and I would like something more than just airbags so limiting straps will come into play that way if I hit a bump and the axel drops yes I do not want the drive line to hit that crossmember in that pic frame is at its tallet lift i will be creating lol

• Like 1