Few questions about air conditioning

CGraves

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The L26 and the L24 engines are virtually the same outwardly. Only the internal displacement and carbs are different between them.

What's missing that you need to get this going? Do you have the engine driven compressor and it's mount.? Do you have the condenser that mounts in front of the rad? These would all swap onto an L24.

Sorry, you said it came with factory air. Or was everything removed? If just an engine swap, then the compressor may be out but everything else is likely there. What about the condenser? the rad in front of your engine rad. The cooler unit under the dash? 

If half missing then any replacement air con kit will do. It's not engine specific. The L24 and L26 are identical on the outside. The factory system would be best.

@Mike

It did but he removed most of the air stuff for weight savings I guess?

I just checked my parts box and I have a compressor, condenser and all the stuff under the dash. I need all the mounting brackets etc.

Edit: the condenser looks beat to shit so I might buy a new one cause this one is ROUGH.