Where to get replacement floor pans?

njoz1200ute

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

So just to clarify, definitely worth buying for a 1200, and goes back behind the seat mount? Looks like it from your pics. 

Absolutely worth the buy. Cant beat the price, and it goes beyond the seat mount.

The dimensions are ever so slightly over the 1200 factory pan. The sub frame even aligns with where the sub frame was on the rabbit. 

I haven't messed with a 1200, but I've spot weld cut and removed seat cross members from a 720 and reinstalled them in my 510 by rosette welding the open spot weld holes. Seems like it would work fine in this scenario.

I removed mine at the spot welds. I plan to put them back in after the floors are in.

Sounds like a PITA trying to get them plumb and square and back in their original spot.

I think I am going to leave mine in and cut my floor pans short of the seat rail.  The seat rails seem okay on my car, they are not too rusty or falling apart.  Otherwise I would try and remove them too since the floor pans will extend past and it seems like a waste of $$$ paying for metal I am going to cut off.   But so be it.   I suppose the best way to get the seat rail back in straight is to bolt it to the seats first and reinstall the seats then spot weld it and take the seats off.   So I have been told on another forum

The seat rails seem okay on my car, they are not too rusty or falling apart... I suppose the best way to get the seat rail back in straight is to bolt it to the seats first and reinstall the seats then spot weld it and take the seats off...

This is partly why I'm putting in new ones. My stock ones aren't rusty, but the stock rails are quite weak and flimsy. They are also known to break the spot welds over time (and hard driving).

If they have to come out, there's no good reason to put them back in.   ^_^

And since there's no way I'm putting stock seats in it, it only makes sense to install rails made for the new seats. The stock rails are just too close together, so too much of the seat hangs off the back end. This also might be why they break the spot welds. 

Of course, this is for a 6'3" driver, so your mileage may vary.   :rofl:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Apologies for bringing up a year and half old thread.

I'm in need of a couple of floors for a 1200 2 door and during the search I can across this thread. I was wondering if anyone has pictures of these completely fitted?

I have since found VW Rabbit (or Golf as we call it) floors for little under $90 +postage a pair (complete side)which does make it a lot less than the reproduced ones in Australia.

Edited by Ant-dat
  • 1 year later...