4dr SRVE proud new owner!

macgyver

I forgot to tell you all.....Check the classifies if anyone's interested in my bolt in r160 clsd since I won't be needing it after the upgrade to the Sti 180.

Exciting man.  I don't have the cash, but it is too bad since you are so close to me geographically. Have such a  long list of 510 priorities, and a clsd is down on the list. Too bad.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exciting man. I don't have the cash, but it is too bad since you are so close to me geographically. Have such a long list of 510 priorities, and a clsd is down on the list. Too bad.

Not sure how fast it'll go so I might still have it! lol. Where are you located? I'm dying to meet up with other 510's but they are few and far between around our neck of the woods. I'm getting lots of love though. Lol.

Wow how many times will that 510 sell? There's another 510'r in NY who's on the Realm. I'm in Southern, NH, Dave Patten owner of Futofab is in Dunbarton, NH about 45 minutes from me and one in Cambridge, Ma. Being your in NY then you'll have to attend Summit Point, WV next May or, caravan with a bunch of us to Canby, Oregon next June. That trip alone is going to be loads of fun I can tell you right now. Hell I'd a left Monday if Canby was this weekend. My 510 will have no issues with that drive being for the last 18 years I've driven it to Summit Point 18x NC 4x, Md 6x, Road Atlanta 1x not to mention driving it from Whittier, Ca to Southern, NH in `94. Only break down I ever had was,,,,well was never.

Wow how many times will that 510 sell? There's another 510'r in NY who's on the Realm. I'm in Southern, NH, Dave Patten owner of Futofab is in Dunbarton, NH about 45 minutes from me and one in Cambridge, Ma. Being your in NY then you'll have to attend Summit Point, WV next May or, caravan with a bunch of us to Canby, Oregon next June. That trip alone is going to be loads of fun I can tell you right now. Hell I'd a left Monday if Canby was this weekend. My 510 will have no issues with that drive being for the last 18 years I've driven it to Summit Point 18x NC 4x, Md 6x, Road Atlanta 1x not to mention driving it from Whittier, Ca to Southern, NH in `94. Only break down I ever had was,,,,well was never.

Hey Dave, I believe we talked a few times when I had my first 510 4 years ago and now with this 510 as well.  I'm not sure if you miss read but I'm selling my R160 CLSD, not the car.:)

I brought this dime back in April with no intentions on selling her. 

I would love to take a trip, just my kids are still young and we have a crazy schedule. If WV is on a free weekend, I will defiantly make the trip! 

Back to the build, I'm still waiting on the R180 clsd to get here, hopefully monday or tuesday the latest, so wanting to put the new set up in!  

the to do list:

-wet sand and clear coat the exterior (clean up some minor surface spots while we're at it) 

-install all the new door/window seals 

-refresh the undercoating

-make some interior panels(over the winter)

-I have another set of ellipsoids that I'm not sure if I'm going to install but they came with the car and look good. Need to research a bit on that. I have a set for my high beams  justlooks odd with since they are mounted on the inside.  

that should be it. 

what are your guys thoughts on the hood?  it's raised up a little in the back, I kinda like it but kinda don't..... might pop of the spacers to see how she looks normal and flush.

You need to make it a free weekend. Plan for it now. It's worth the trip and daddy needs a weekend away with the boys. Or bring the family. But be there.

Yes David!! I do need a weekend away or would be great with the kids! It sounds like a great time!!! I will try my best to make it work.

Please post up the dates or tell me what I am searching for please. ;). Want to Get a head start on the planning!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes David!! I do need a weekend away or would be great with the kids! It sounds like a great time!!! I will try my best to make it work.

Please post up the dates or tell me what I am searching for please. ;). Want to Get a head start on the planning!!!

The dates for next year are not released yet. Keep an eye on the events schedule on the VRG website.

http://www.vrgonline.org/events/

We hold the 510 meet during The Jefferson 500. It is usually the 2nd or 3rd weekend in May.

See you there!

Have to say it was a battle dealing with this rear diff but well worth the wait and issues I had installing everything. The Test drive was unbelievable! This cv conversion is hands down the best upgrade you could do to your dime! She rides so smooth ESP at my ride hieght....it feels like a new car! The Sti rear LSD is working as it should and the lower gear ratio isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Bonus are the lower rpm's at high way speeds. Love it!

Moving on the my next "fix".

3:90 nice!! I'm currently running 3.54's with my NA SR S14 (so many acronyms) I like the 1-2nd gear but 3rd and 4th not so much. I'm thinking maybe back to 3:70 or 3:90 we'll see. Hope we can hook up with a couple of the other New Englanders sometime next year, that would be fun.

definately need to get a little north east meet next spring!

I have to say the 3.90's feel real good down low an up high.

not sure whats next on the list.....just driving her every chanceI get. absolutely love dallying her! 

Finally installed! Sti r180 and the drive shaft shops cv conversion.

Ready for a test drive but its absolutely pouring:/

BAC52A72-F105-40F8-B2AC-E3A1CA264AC3_zps

I have a r180 from a old 240 I need to figure out what to do to get it to work on my car that's all apart.

IMG_20130324_121354.jpg

I'll have to check through your thread to see what it took to get it to work. Nice car.

That R180 will drop right in but you'll need the R180's shafts. You could use the R160's but will first have to remove the dust shields otherwise it'll cut up the diffs shaft seal. Pull the diffs cover and see what the ratio is and pray it isn't 37:11 or 37/11=3.36. My buddy Qwik510 has the 3.36 in his Brock 510 with L20b and SU's and 5-speed andf says though it's great on hiway it's doggy anywhere else. If it's a 3.54 ratio 39:11 that would be much better though maybe a bit doggie in 3rd 4th depending on the power output of your motor. I'll save you some time,,if that diff is out of an automatic it's a 3.54, if out of a 4-speed 3.36. I have a few diffs, a R180 3.70 ratio, a Subie LSD clutch pack direct replacement diff 3.70 ratio and a couple stock 510 diffs with 3.70 ratio. Been thinking (thinking) about selling the Subie diff, it has the Perrin diff cover and is in excellent excellent shape. Replaced it with R180 3.54 diff because I though it was going bad, turned out the muffler was ever so slightly hitting up against undercoating making it sound like the diff. I'm in no hurry to replace diff because I have CV axles safety wired that makes it a job and a half to replace.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...