I might be done with Datsuns

Considering selling out. I would hate to do it and get the bug again!

Over time have collected a nice selection of parts from Japan, ie a factory complete dual SU carb system for the oval port A series. 74 Nissan fog lamps...bla, bla, bla....

I think I have more fun hunting for ghe parts then the actual work now days.

Guess I will bang my head against the wall for a while, see if I can muster up a thought or two.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a 510 and ended up needing to sell it mid-project.  I had collected a lot of NOS trim/light parts, etc.  I sold the car and slowly sold off the parts.  Now 510s are kind of dead to me.  I don't ever think I'll want to put in the effort to source all those NOS rare parts again.  I have a 521 now and I'm taking a somewhat different approach to it.  I'm collecting parts again, but I'm not going to take the truck off the road until I for sure have the time to finish what I start.

• Like 3

Why not have one Datsun? I was high into it and basically having multiples not too much got done.

Think if you have 100$ for your projects. if you have 5 cars 20$ each?

or what is stalling you or making it not fun?

Radio

• Like 2

Ya, I will follow the rules Mike, I guess I was sorta climbing the ledge and needed some one to talk me down.

Wife hit me over the head with a 2x4 n woke me up...still keeping the Datsun :-]

I agree with you Matt, this is the last NOS n Japan treasure hunt car. Gave my soninlaw the 76 620kc, guess I am still grinding my teeth over that mistake.

Radio head...1 at a time can get boring....

• Like 2

Took me 9 years from the time I bought my basket case dime (literally it was in pieces) to the time I drive it out of my garage....the feeling was priceless.....I hit many road bumps along the way pushing my dime to side....but I made it happen and I'm glad I never gave up, my dad used to tell me....don't give up.....and I'm damn glad I never did.

Keep on keepn!!

• Like 4

Took me 9 years from the time I bought my basket case dime (literally it was in pieces) to the time I drive it out of my garage....the feeling was priceless.....I hit many road bumps along the way pushing my dime to side....but I made it happen and I'm glad I never gave up, my dad used to tell me....don't give up.....and I'm damn glad I never did.

Keep on keepn!!

There's nothing like that maiden voyage especially after something you worked on and built with your own blood sweat and tears...and sometimes its short lived and it gets towed back and winched back into the garage  :rofl:   Best to set it aside and take a break for a little bit and come back to it than to sell it and regret doing so. :thumbup:

• Like 2

There's nothing like that maiden voyage especially after something you worked on and built with your own blood sweat and tears...and sometimes its short lived and it gets towed back and winched back into the garage  :rofl:   Best to set it aside and take a break for a little bit and come back to it than to sell it and regret doing so. :thumbup:

• 3 months later...