Sign in to follow this  
Mopar-Datsun

Jason's 610

Finally someone with the sense to get the correct rim off set so they actually fit. Positive battery post needs a cover. The stock engine would have been an L20B, no? Early L16 fully finned valve cover too.

Finally someone with the sense to get the correct rim off set so they actually fit. Positive battery post needs a cover. The stock engine would have been an L20B, no? Early L16 fully finned valve cover too.

And they still slightly rub under the right conditions ;) Thanks for the tip on the cover for the terminal. Yes original was a numbers matching L20B. It's sitting on a stand waiting for a rebuild. 

It's also nice to have the positive side of the battery towards the motor ... so if it moves it doesn't hit the inner fender. You could maybe rotate it 180 degrees so the terminals aren't at the front, which isn't the stock layout anyway.

• Like 2

It's also nice to have the positive side of the battery towards the motor ... so if it moves it doesn't hit the inner fender. You could maybe rotate it 180 degrees so the terminals aren't at the front, which isn't the stock layout anyway.

Thanks...I'll flip it this weekend.

Nothing like welding a wrench to the rad support or worse blowing a hole in the rad. Glue some rubber on the underside of the hood above the battery also. Not that noticeable and everyone will copy you. Yeah the battery is actually in backwards.  Looks good.

I'm getting my exhaust done next week. I'm running an L18 with a mild cam and a weber, soon to be swapped with dual SUs. What size pipe? 2" too big?  What muffler? Resonator or no? I want something that sounds cool, not annoying. Any suggestions?

I don't believe resonators are ever a bad idea. They dont really cost power and shave the horrid sharps out of that exhaust tones

• Like 1

resonanter and a turbo 2 or 3 chamber  that fits in the stock location.  might have to order it.  but a turbo will be fine and close to 2inch will be fine aluminized pipe so it last forever.

2in is more than enough

Pulled up the carpet and was stoked to find the floorpans like this. California lucky!

Yeah you did! my washington car had the gas pedal fall through the floor when i was driving! this thing is pretty clean!

What seat rails or brackets did u use for the Z4 seats? Or did u end up bolting it to the floor?

I went to look at one like yours to purchase but was missing a lot of parts. Still for sale. The 610's are a nice looking car.

Greg

443150C1-6787-42BB-8571-F59CDF0C1F93_zps

BF8869E5-ACA5-45CF-AE28-BF27D3F8E9D6_zps

2F583CF8-7D35-44F4-A61A-6E1FF2549269_zps

• Like 1

Man if that was close to me I would have loved to pick that up i can only imagine the before and after.