280zx steering rack alternatives

Syah_Awesome

Hi guys. Just recently discovered this forum and I need some help.

Slight overview, I'm currently in Malaysia so OEM and junkyard parts for 280zx are almost non-existent

I currently own a rb25 swapped 280zx 2+2 but my steering rack needs to be replaced.

Are there any other models that share the same steering rack or is a popular swap? I've been searching through the inter-web but could not find much info on steering. The only info i got is someone swapped with a s13 unit but there was little mention on whether it was straight swap or that he needed to cut the firewall/crossmember etc. I tried to pm him but it seems he was last active on that forum in Oct 2015 so not much hope there.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to ratsun. Pics of your car would help... ok not really but we are pic whores here want to see what we are helping with.

And I have no information that would help you.

@Lockleaf - Haha I'd love to upload some pics of The Mistress but the ISP at my workplace blocks any image sharing site so I'll upload once I get off my shift.

@datzenmike - its power r&p steering. I'll research more on a rebuild kit. As of now, she is still in the workshop as there was a few issues when I drove her back to my hometown. FYI I'm not that mechanically competent, I can do basic maintenance so I hope the rebuild job is not that intimidating. But then again, why not take it as a learning assignment

@skib - I was just wondering if anyone on the forum would be willing to ship internationally. Thanks for advice, I'll look up the classified section. 

Cheers guys  :thumbup: