Jersey

My new wagon! 1973 Datsun 610

Got my flywheel lightened, just waiting on my clutch. In the meantime...I pulled my engine to have my brother do some steam cleaning and do a little detail work. I pulled the head and am putting a closed chamber W53 back on it, I'm having it ported. Also, got my Cannon intake and header. Should have it back together in a couple months...

• Like 1

Making progress :thumbup: 

• Like 1

Making progress :thumbup:

Thanks man!

Roughly 8-10 lbs lighter...

image_52.jpeg

• Like 1

I picked this up a couple weeks ago...

IMG_3073.jpeg

Cool! I have June, 1974 610 sedan and hardtop paperback parts catalog, Pub. No. C-0100U. Also 1975 610 microfiche aperture cards. To bad I don't have a microfiche viewer! Makes it easy to search by part number.

Thanks! I also have the 1980 final edition parts book for the 620. It covers the entire production run and lists every part that went on the 620s, with illustrations too. My oldest and most cherished parts book is my 1954-1965 Cadillac parts catalog. It covers all of the models from those years. I bought it when I had my '64 Coupe de Ville.

• Like 1

I think the first year 610 was called an 1800. Should have those emblems.

I think the first year 610 was called an 1800. Should have those emblems.

I have seen a couple of wagons with the 1800 emblems Mike.

Finally got my centerforce clutch, my brother picked it up for me today.

IMG_3266.jpg

IMG_3267.jpg

I'll have it back together by next week. I can't wait to drive it again!

• Like 1

you got  dual carbs??????  that's might be much for a stock motor.

I went back to stock clutch on my daily driver. EZer on the master on slave clyinder

the Exdedy stage 1 is like 750pounds

you got  dual carbs??????  that's might be much for a stock motor.

I went back to stock clutch on my daily driver. EZer on the master on slave clyinder

the Exdedy stage 1 is like 750pounds

No dual carbs, 38 Weber. I had the exedy from rock auto and I am so used to pedal feel on the centerforce in my truck...I decided to put one in the wagon. I've had the one in the truck for almost 15 years and it's still going strong with no problems: I hope for the same in the wagon.

I swapped out my stock clock for this stock 610 tach I picked up a couple weeks ago.

IMG_3293.jpg

I got my engine back together. I'm going to drop it in tomorrow. After that I have to do the exhaust and it's ready to drive.

Mi hermano Raul hooking me up with some exhaust! We go back 25 years, we used to be cooks at the same Italian restaurant. ¡Es buen tipo!

IMG_3305.jpg

what kind of muffler you putting on? a Turbo type.

I like the 38s except when starting on a hill.

I had a flywheel cut down to 10 also but Im scared to run it. Might explode.

what kind of muffler you putting on? a Turbo type.

I like the 38s except when starting on a hill.

I had a flywheel cut down to 10 also but Im scared to run it. Might explode.

Yeah we went with a Turbo and 2" pipe. I've never had any problems with the 38. The flywheel in my truck is lightened too and I haven't had any issues: So I'm keeping a good thought with the car. It's nice to have it on the road again!

My 521 I wish i went with a stock Walker turbo type. The quiet ones.   At 65 this truck is making me go deaf. I got a Dynomax Super Turbo which is fine up to abut 50. after that its the weber and not carpeting thats killing me.

• Like 1

My 521 I wish i went with a stock Walker turbo type. The quiet ones. At 65 this truck is making me go deaf. I got a Dynomax Super Turbo which is fine up to abut 50. after that its the weber and not carpeting thats killing me.

Mine's a little loud too ( I don't have carpet either), I may put a resonator on it...My brake booster went out, so I'll have to get one. I have a vacuum cap on it for now. And I'm having a fuel delivery issue with it now. I did set the carb and timing on it before these other issues popped up. I wired up the tach today and it works perfectly: Really happy with that!

I Need That Tachometer  :blush:

• Like 1

We fixed the fuel delivery issue today. The hard line was plugged, so we used compressed air to clear it. It took about 10 minutes and now it runs great! I still have to replace the brake booster on it.

I sold the wagon to make room in the driveway for the Caddy. The wagon didn't have A/C. The Caddy is the one that has it and I just need to convert it over. Thanks for the heads up!