My new wagon! 1973 Datsun 610

Jersey

13 years after I sold my '71 510 wagon: I finally have another wagon! Driving down the street last week with my friend, I spotted this wagon in someones back yard. After a couple visits and no contact made: my friend spotted the guy getting his mail and a deal was struck today! It has been sitting since 1988 and appears to have less than 30000 miles on it...L18 with a 4 speed. I am the second owner! It will need a good cleaning...nevertheless: I'm excited and happy to have another wagon!

image_28.jpeg

image_29.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only year the 610 had the PL18 in it. Nice score!

Thanks Mike!

That's awesome! One owner car is great.

Thank you!

very nice car....I would sure be happy with that one.

Thank you!

Nice find man! Glad its a stick shift already :thumbup:

Thanks man! Yeah I'm happy that I don't have to deal with a tranny swap!

I would tape off the primer color and get close to the same color with Krylon it will match over time as Canned paint fades. Bam! done then buff out the rest and lower it and roll.

Its the perfect color already

Yeah I may lower it a little...

73, roof rack, manual and low mileage. You're winning.

Thanks! I am really happy we found this car!

Cool looks like we got our cars about the same time. Best of luck with your build. If you need anything lmk as I accumulate stuff.

Thanks man! Yeah I'll let you know on my parts needs, right now I've got a line on the door and bumper that I need. If you need anything let me know! I've got 620 stuff mostly, but I do get to the junk yards a lot...Good luck with your build too!

tape off the primer and sapray some matching Krylon and then buff that fucker out!!!!!!!!!

More updates. I like this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I like patina Datsun more than Bling ones

Thanks man! Not much time when you're a Truck Driver. However, I'm really excited to start working on it: I'm kind of in the research phase right now, as I only really know 620's. An update I can give: I have received a response on my wanted ad and have secured a rear door for the driver side. More to come...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just picked this up on Ebay...

image_39.jpeg

I took the dash apart and gave it a nice cleaning and saw that the dash wiring harness is in great shape and uncut. I also cleaned the circuit board and replaced all the lights on it.

Also, I picked up a nice stock chrome driver side mirror at the pick-a-part today.

• Like 3
  • 3 weeks later...

Installed my clock, it looks great in there! I found a '80 Datsun KC in the junkyard with a good L20B and a 5 speed which I will swap in later. In the meantime I wired in the EI Distributor and eighty-sixed the dual point set-up: What a difference! I also had my radiator redone. I purchased an electric fuel pump. I also scored a factory fuel block off plate off of Ebay. And finally, I squared things with the DMV, it was out of the system so it only cost me: $89.00...not too bad!

image_40.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...