510 complete front strut assembly upgrade?

Spades

Hey everyone.  I have been absent from the forums for quite some time (first due to serious health issues, then after that was sorted out I started working two jobs) and my wagon has been mostly parked (only taken out on sunny days to keep the lot rot monster at bay).

I am wondering if any company or shop makes a direct bolt in lowering strut assembly package (no hacking, welding, or modification required) for the front of the 510?

I put new struts and hacked a coil off the factory springs back when I built the car, but I would like to go a tad lower and unfortunately I am still working some crazy hours and I don't have the time to go crawling through junkyards for 280zx struts (or the time to hack them to suit the 510).

EDIT: I did a fairly quick search (sorry if I missed anything) but I am not seeing a complete setup, and most places offering an upgraded coilover with better front brakes are requiring a 280zx core.  So, if you have the money, but not the time, and want a better brake setup and a lower drop in the front, what are the options?

Thanks,

Spades

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

280zx or maybe Maxima struts. But they don't 'drop in'. You get an improved larger wheel bearing, larger diameter vented rotor, much larger caliper. (might not easily fit the stock 13" rims) They are over an inch shorter maybe more but you need your top hat, coil spring and lower spring perch swapped over to it. If to have the money, and don't mind tying it up, you could by coil overs but $30 spit collars will do the same thing.

You can cut your struts down to take zx strut inserts but there is no brake up grade. This is all covered somewhere many times.

There is no replacement strut that does what you want even if you had the money. You have to make them.