finally the true story and history of the YBGELIS 620

YBGELIS620

Start to finish info and build pics of this truck from when I started the build and the changes it has gone through and it regretfully being sold back in 2001. Then for it to fall back in my lap just 10 years later. It now has started its journey back to the top with a complete redo to better than its former glory. Stay tuned.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a fan of this truck for many years. I even tried to buy it several years back. But couldn't come to a deal.. I am glad toi see that it is being redone. I am assuming it is still owned by Chuck Page. I am looking forward to the rebuild updates and what you have planned for it.

Hey, as a new member here myself, I can understand the frustration. All the other message boards I've participated on allow you to upload the photos directly to the site. This is the first I've used that only accepts links. Some sites wouldn't allow you to post pics until after a certain number of posts, so I thought this was like that. Ce la vie. 

All the other message boards I've participated on allow you to upload the photos directly to the site. This is the first I've used that only accepts links. Some sites wouldn't allow you to post pics until after a certain number of posts, so I thought this was like that. Ce la vie. 

Many if not all the other sites are probably full of advertisements too. We don't want that here just forums and Datsuns. Think of posting pictures as answering a skill testing question for membership. You can post a picture at any time even if not a member. As soon as you are approved for membership your posts and pictures are visible to the other forum members. You have to be a member to be able to use the classifieds.

... and yet.... no info and no pictures.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/54932-photobucket-ratsun/

I hate posts that are not ripe for picking....

I hate to say it, but if starting a post about starting a post, it's probably better to wait until you are really ready to do so. When this gets off the ground I'll have over a dozen posts to erase to clean it up.

• Like 2

Many if not all the other sites are probably full of advertisements too. We don't want that here just forums and Datsuns. Think of posting pictures as answering a skill testing question for membership. You can post a picture at any time even if not a member. As soon as you are approved for membership your posts and pictures are visible to the other forum members. You have to be a member to be able to use the classifieds.

True, some forums handle advertising better than others: Some are minimally intrusive, if at all, and some are obnoxious.

All advertisements are intrusive because they are not asked for. Can a salesman come to your door or phone and be minimally intrusive? Stick around here and you'll see that we don't have a front door or a phone to interrupt us.

• Like 2

I have been a fan of this truck for many years. I even tried to buy it several years back. But couldn't come to a deal.. I am glad toi see that it is being redone. I am assuming it is still owned by Chuck Page. I am looking forward to the rebuild updates and what you have planned for it.

Yeah those are some good old pics.

That was 2001ish the first time I put it up for sale. Then the bottom pic of it filled with ice and beer/sodas was 10 years later 2010ish when I got it back after it had been beat on. I have some cool original build pics when it was black and I have pics of it now going through the resurrection. Also two other trucks that Im currently rebuilding with my skill set and resources I have today in my shop after being in biz for 20 years just building customs. Maybe I will email pics to 1lo620 and he can post for me. I have limited time and access to the computer

4 very active little ones at home and a busy shop.... but I would like to share, most everything is done on my phone and I haven't had time to figure it out...

Soon guys.... bare with me.

• 3 years later...
On 3/24/2016 at 6:24 PM, YBGELIS620 said:

Yeah those are some good old pics.

That was 2001ish the first time I put it up for sale. Then the bottom pic of it filled with ice and beer/sodas was 10 years later 2010ish when I got it back after it had been beat on. I have some cool original build pics when it was black and I have pics of it now going through the resurrection. Also two other trucks that Im currently rebuilding with my skill set and resources I have today in my shop after being in biz for 20 years just building customs. Maybe I will email pics to 1lo620 and he can post for me. I have limited time and access to the computer

4 very active little ones at home and a busy shop.... but I would like to share, most everything is done on my phone and I haven't had time to figure it out...

Soon guys.... bare with me.

Not sure how I just stumbled on this!  CHUCK please give us updates!!!!!!  I am the one that originally bought it off you............I still remember the night I drove away from your shop only to get stuck at a gas station and you tried to break in the back window for me and it shattered! 😭

This past year I actually purchased a flex-thru rear window to eventually build another 620.   

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE update us.  Also if you are still in Monterey I would love to stop by and see the truck sometime.  Thanks - Andrew

8145804284_1f76205004_o.jpg100_0080 by five1oh2010, on Flickr

8145772883_f0d2af834b_o.jpg100_0081 by five1oh2010, on Flickr

8145811870_8cda1ecf6d_o.jpgDCP_0182 by five1oh2010, on Flickr

8145811726_f418f608a0_o.jpgDCP_0186 by five1oh2010, on Flickr

8145780093_8a4655d47c_o.jpgDCP_0188a by five1oh2010, on Flickr

• Like 3