Glass Run Felt Channels

FrankRizzo

Hey guys, my windows rattle like heck when they are down. I popped off the door cards and checked it out and the channels that hold the glass when in the down position are not holding the glass very well. It looks like the channel felt is missing on one side and the other side is worn.

Has anyone ever replaced the channel felt inside the door? it looks like there are two different sizes...I can find the rear stuff on line, but the front channel is larger and I can't find a match.

Here is the rear one that I can find on line:

IMG_1225_zpseddpm3gl.jpg

The problem is this front facing one. Anybody have a line (part number) or knowledge to share?

IMG_1227_zpsazptnzvn.jpg

Edit - this is what I found in the bottom of the door for reference:

IMG_1229_zpsylumacmp.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help

(Mike - I searched for over an hour...)

• Like 1
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, I found that thread but I think that is the felt in the exterior window frames when you roll up the window. Im looking for the channel felt that goes inside the door when you roll down the window.

For what its worth, my measurements say that the rear rail will take the AS 1264:

http://www.dannoenterprises.com/AS1264Page.htm

but that weird felt channel for the front rail in my last picture is the one I can't not seem to match up.

• Like 1

Rubber glass run front.... 80337-B5001

Rubber glass run rear..... 80338-B5000 (ignore the word rubber)

My picture does not show where they meet... possibly at the top of the vertical front run.

Thanks but...Im having a hard time matching up those numbers, but what I can find looks like the door rubber weatherstripping around the perimeter of the door.

• Like 1

I had the same issue a few years back with my front channel...I went to the junkyard and grabbed one out of a Nissan Hardbody it wedges in perfectly! The Hardbody uses a one piece setup for the whole door if I remember correctly...I just cut it a little bit longer than I needed from the front of the door and then trimmed it to fit my channel. It works perfectly! No window rattles!

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...

If anyone is reading this looking for the same stuff, the AS1264 I mentioned above will work for the rear lower glass "anti-rattle". It is not quite as tall as the factory felt channel, but the nylon runners fit in it fine and works great. It also looks like you could use the same stuff for both the front and back channels, they are both 9/16" wide.

Now I can drive around with the windows down!!!

• Like 2
  • 4 months later...

Hey guys, my windows rattle like heck when they are down. I popped off the door cards and checked it out and the channels that hold the glass when in the down position are not holding the glass very well. It looks like the channel felt is missing on one side and the other side is worn.

Has anyone ever replaced the channel felt inside the door? it looks like there are two different sizes...I can find the rear stuff on line, but the front channel is larger and I can't find a match.

Here is the rear one that I can find on line:

IMG_1225_zpseddpm3gl.jpg

The problem is this front facing one. Anybody have a line (part number) or knowledge to share?

IMG_1227_zpsazptnzvn.jpg

Edit - this is what I found in the bottom of the door for reference:

IMG_1229_zpsylumacmp.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help

(Mike - I searched for over an hour...)

There is a thread on here somewhere that lists a part number for an alternative. I'll see if I can find it again.

Edit

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/62436-620-window-squeegee-and-felt-fuzzies-and-channel-felt/

This! The member that posted (dude surfing) works pretty good with the inside of the channel and outside .. I only paid 7 bucks for it ...I would put that glue he mentions as well

• 2 years later...

I was looking to replace the front felt, so found this thread to follow. I purchased the AS1198 rubber from Restoration Specialties. To me it seemed much smaller than the original felt - being loose in the metal channel and not holding the glass as tight or deep. So thought I'd try the AS1395 instead. It's only slightly bigger dimensionally, but that makes a big difference. The only thing is I'm going to take a razor and trim off the little ridge sticking our on both sides. That made it conform to the square channel better. Also, this one fits so tight I can't imagine it needing any glue - but we'll see!

https://imgur.com/a/ZeqmpBb

• Like 2