'70 510 Steering and rear brakes

Hey guys I'm new here! I just bought my first car: a 1970 510.

It needs lots of love, but most importantly all new steering components and rear drums, shoes, backing plates, springs, slave cylinder, etc.

Where might I look? I contacted Troy Ermish Racing, found that NAPA supplies parts, but they're classified as "Rare" so they're expensive.

Ideas? Thanks a bunch! :)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Define expensive? Try some of the new cars today. There are other auto parts stores out there check them out and get them. Best parts would be made in Japan. Try the Nissan dealer too. Backing plates don't wear out.

• Like 1

just redid the entire steering, ball joints, bushings, u joints and rear bushing with everything from rock auto except the poly bushings from the rear for around 250ish.  This was on my 71 510. Everything needed to be replaced it was terrible.

Hey guys I'm new here! I just bought my first car: a 1970 510.

It needs lots of love, but most importantly all new steering components and rear drums, shoes, backing plates, springs, slave cylinder, etc.

Where might I look? I contacted Troy Ermish Racing, found that NAPA supplies parts, but they're classified as "Rare" so they're expensive.

Ideas? Thanks a bunch! :)

Rock Auto / eBay