Patrol axles and diffs.

Patrol%20003.jpg

Diff above is likely upside down.

Patrol%20002.jpg

Patrol%20004.jpg

Does anyone know if these are Patrol axle assys? Warn hubs. Most Patrol have the round diffs or third members that can be unbolted as a unit. Are they Jeep? any idea what?

Patrol%20007.jpg

There is a NISSAN OHV 6 cylinder laying across them. Has a generator... not alternator. Bell housing and clutch still on with trans case levers.

Most Patrol have the round diffs or third members that can be unbolted as a unit but maybe they are the H233 from the 70s??? These have the bolt on covers.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the early patrols used a Dana 30 style diff, maybe actually a Dana. If they are 6 lug, it's likely they are Nissan. If they are 5, then probably not. The closed knuckle is indicative of Patrol.

Are they yours?

You know who would know for sure is RMP&O.

In reality they are likely several hundred pounds not counting the block. Located in the back of a field full of junk. I can probably get them but... jesus they would have to be worth the time and bother. Then getting them to somewhere.

Yes they are Patrol axles, they are C216's. 216mm ring gear. Old school coarse spline, not a CV in the knuckle but rather a "tracta joint" as Nissan called it. Old Land Cruisers have the same thing, known in those circles as a "ball and claw". The engine is a P engine, basically a 4L. Those Warn hubs worth some $$$ and easy to pull. Axle shafts not that hard to pull and also worth a few $$$, same with spindles and hubs. Axle housings not really worth anything and same for the engine if it has been sitting in a field a long time like that. 

Cheers

Thanks, Patrol info is in short supply round here. A co-worker pointed it out because 'Nissan' and he knows I never shut up about them. Figured some small parts might be wanted, lord what a relief. They wouldn't budge. I have a Toy solid axle and two guys can't easily lift it.

Maybe I can get the hubs off. I don't suppose the axles slide out without dismantling the knuckle..

Yes they are Patrol axles, they are C216's. 216mm ring gear. Old school coarse spline, not a CV in the knuckle but rather a "tracta joint" as Nissan called it. Old Land Cruisers have the same thing, known in those circles as a "ball and claw". The engine is a P engine, basically a 4L. Those Warn hubs worth some $$$ and easy to pull. Axle shafts not that hard to pull and also worth a few $$$, same with spindles and hubs. Axle housings not really worth anything and same for the engine if it has been sitting in a field a long time like that. 

Cheers

I knew you'd know.

Is that joint like the ones found in Rockwells?