high beams?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are you getting power out of the relay?

do the bulbs have power going to them?

I have had both high beam bulbs blow out at the same time for some strange reason in my truck...never did figure out why they blew...just replaced them and the new ones have lasted 5+ years so far...

remember the lights on a 510 already are hooked up to the =side of the battery.

So if you take a TEST light which you should have by now put the alligater clip to ground and the TEST light pointer to each side of the high beam connectoe in back. Both side the light should come ON.

Now trup the Highbeam swithc and one side should go to ground.Meaning you TEST light should go out. IF NOT your not getting your ground. Ck back /ohm out/ ohm relay ect.

If the LIGHT does go out it is getting a ground and you have a bad lamp or just OHM out aross that (remove the connector)

Ck fuse box connections(winging this one here) if Low works I assume its good

• 2 weeks later...

There's also a ground connection in the Dside front corner. I think it has two black wires going to it. If it's not making good contact, you won't get your high beams. We just found this out doing Big Dave's wiring last week. He had some low beams, but didn't have high or running lights until that ground was connected good.

If the bulbs aren't burned out, then I'd be looking at the relay contacts.