My new 521

Datsunthug

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't seen it yet. Hippie guy who has it says there's a small crease in the tailgate but pretty solid. But I've had hippies exaggerate things to me before. I don't mind the four doors too much. Looking at pics online, you can make them look bitchin. Going to try and take a look at it next week. I'll get pics for you guys to look at.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

The internet is FULL of information on the differences between the E and DR engines. Just look. Research before asking questions is your friend.

Generically, KA swaps are covered ad nauseam. What kind of 521 specific parts list are you looking for?

The first two results on Google for "ka 521 swap" both describe motor mount modifications necessary on the first page.

• Like 1

YOu sure you want to do this.? Put this much work on a 521

whats the guy with the blue one want to sell his. Buy that one.

521s the king pins are horrible. I got to do mine again. Tie rod also and now 2nd set of kingpins and the center steering link is also NLA.

I almost gave it away last week but just put new tires and a 3 core rad in there so Im committed. 300$ worth or tires a 139$ Rad. rad hose $239 for a weber last year. now 250$ for king pin replacement and another $100 for the Pins themselves!!!!!!!!!! plus I still put them in.

Just run it as a cheap classic till you cant afford it no more.

• Like 1

YOu sure you want to do this.? Put this much work on a 521

whats the guy with the blue one want to sell his. Buy that one.

521s the king pins are horrible. I got to do mine again. Tie rod also and now 2nd set of kingpins and the center steering link is also NLA.

I almost gave it away last week but just put new tires and a 3 core rad in there so Im committed. 300$ worth or tires a 139$ Rad. rad hose $239 for a weber last year. now 250$ for king pin replacement and another $100 for the Pins themselves!!!!!!!!!! plus I still put them in.

Just run it as a cheap classic till you cant afford it no more.

• Like 1

The blue 510 is not for sale. It's my friends neighbors. The 510 I'm going to buy I haven't seen. After talking to the guy It's pretty much going to be mine. $500 cause there are dmv fees

I'm thinking this will be a bad ass score

Already has a Webber and the motor was professional rebuilt 10k ago. Needs brakes but so does my 521

• Like 1