FrankRizzo

Mine now ('74 Cactus Green)

No, sorry. But it was the original output, on the drivers side of the tank, towards the front about 7/8's of the way down from the top of the tank.

The PO removed the hard lines. I replaced all the lines.

Here a pic of the tank from some dude that was selling on Ebay, I think it is a "78, so its a little different than mine and there was no shot of the outlet.

I4XhalV.jpg

• Like 1

Checking in. 

Driving around two weeks ago - I hear a scratching & grinding noise. After some searching I find the center bearing on the driveshaft toast. The rubber is missing and the bearing was rubbing against the housing. 

Sooo... I hop on the interwebs (its not just for pr0n anymore) and Yelp! "driveshaft repairs" and find a good guy within 10 miles. I conduct a phone interview and he seems pretty clean and knowledgeable. I limp the truck there, (he promises to keep it inside and up on the lift) and drop it off to be repaired. 

I end up have him rebuilding the shaft as the PO must have welded it on the truck and it was "off". New U-joints, bearing and rebalanced. 

Before you guys give me cr@p, I dont have a press OR the time and skillz to do this, so I was glad to pay up and get a very good job done. I was going to go with a straight shaft and get rid of the bearing, but after checking it out, i'd have to cut the crossmember to clear a 3 inch. 

The weird vibration is gone. 😁

Some guy races up besides me on the way home and asks me questions about the truck ... while driving. He loves it.

EtDAGao.jpg

uI35VyO.jpg

UmHp9KT.jpg

Edited by FrankRizzo
  • Like 2

As I get older there are repairs I pay to have done because the pain during and after the repairs is just not worth saving a few dollars.

That is a beautiful truck!

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 2

On 6/28/2018 at 5:23 AM, FrankRizzo said:

No, sorry. But it was the original output, on the drivers side of the tank, towards the front about 7/8's of the way down from the top of the tank.

The PO removed the hard lines. I replaced all the lines.

Here a pic of the tank from some dude that was selling on Ebay, I think it is a "78, so its a little different than mine and there was no shot of the outlet.

I4XhalV.jpg

The tube marked "return to the bottom of tank" I believe is the supply line to the pump.  I do not believe the 620 factory tank sending unit had any fuel ports on it supply or return.

Edited by Charlie69