'74 Cactus Green

FrankRizzo

No, sorry. But it was the original output, on the drivers side of the tank, towards the front about 7/8's of the way down from the top of the tank.

The PO removed the hard lines. I replaced all the lines.

Here a pic of the tank from some dude that was selling on Ebay, I think it is a "78, so its a little different than mine and there was no shot of the outlet.

I4XhalV.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Checking in. 

Driving around two weeks ago - I hear a scratching & grinding noise. After some searching I find the center bearing on the driveshaft toast. The rubber is missing and the bearing was rubbing against the housing. 

Sooo... I hop on the interwebs (its not just for pr0n anymore) and Yelp! "driveshaft repairs" and find a good guy within 10 miles. I conduct a phone interview and he seems pretty clean and knowledgeable. I limp the truck there, (he promises to keep it inside and up on the lift) and drop it off to be repaired. 

I end up have him rebuilding the shaft as the PO must have welded it on the truck and it was "off". New U-joints, bearing and rebalanced. 

Before you guys give me cr@p, I dont have a press OR the time and skillz to do this, so I was glad to pay up and get a very good job done. I was going to go with a straight shaft and get rid of the bearing, but after checking it out, i'd have to cut the crossmember to clear a 3 inch. 

The weird vibration is gone. ?

Some guy races up besides me on the way home and asks me questions about the truck ... while driving. He loves it.

EtDAGao.jpg

uI35VyO.jpg

UmHp9KT.jpg

Edited by FrankRizzo
  • Like 6
On 6/28/2018 at 5:23 AM, FrankRizzo said:

No, sorry. But it was the original output, on the drivers side of the tank, towards the front about 7/8's of the way down from the top of the tank.

The PO removed the hard lines. I replaced all the lines.

Here a pic of the tank from some dude that was selling on Ebay, I think it is a "78, so its a little different than mine and there was no shot of the outlet.

I4XhalV.jpg

The tube marked "return to the bottom of tank" I believe is the supply line to the pump.  I do not believe the 620 factory tank sending unit had any fuel ports on it supply or return.

Edited by Charlie69
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Np01lGg.jpg

Run-Roh...

Picked up all the stuff to do the Beebani front coilover conversion. Since I lack the skillz and equipment, I'm going to drop it off with Chuck @ left coast Datsun in Long Beach (LBC!) next week for the install.

Found the kit used/uninstalled on Craigslist with the D21 hubs and spindles, so I had to buy the QA1 and springs. I'm not sure how it will work with my current disk brake setup, but we will figure it out.

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like they plug and play, check out the back side pic - it has a Datsun standard 6-pin plug and since it is OEM it should work nicely (I hope).

My truck is getting the coil overs installed, so I cant double check now, but I'll p0st when the time comes..

I also have a pair of factory fronts japanese yellow/clears  as well 😁

• Like 1

What I mean is the wire to the brake light is also used for the turn signal. The turn signal indicator disconnects the wire from the brake pedal and connects the flasher unit to make it flash. When the signal returns the flasher disconnects and the brake is re-connected. Have someone hold the brake on and all the lights light up. Turn the signal on and one side only has the flashing red. Try the turn signal and then put the brakes on and only the other side lights up and stays on.

• Like 1

Got it, good to know. I'll see when I get the truck back.

Sounds like I might have to take apart the connector and separate the turn signal from the brake light so they are independent. I know when I was stationed in Europe they required amber tuns that were separate from brake lights.

Might try to search for a Euro/Asia wiring diagram and see how the factory did it...

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yaaay Me!!!

The guy who I bought the parts from told me that he he had a complete installation set up - hubs, spindles and Bee's kit.

Cool 4 me. I dont have to source anything!

Nope

Spindles are 2WD. We need 4WD.

Double yaay for me.

Sourcing 4WD spindles now and located a pair.

Lesson: Trust but verify.

Installed pic with powedercoated parts and wrong spindles.

d9rf7mh.jpg

• Like 2

I just installed D21 front hubs & spindles on my 620 (I believe correctly...). Those look like the same spindles I installed. I also bought some 4WD spindles off a pathfinder because I was apparently confused. They look very different than the ones in your picture & would be extremely difficult to make work. I can take pics tomorrow if it helps.

• Like 1

Not sure if any of this info is of any help to you, but here it is anyways. If I'm misunderstanding, apologies.

Here's what my '79 looks like with the hubs, spindles, & rotors from a RWD, V6 D21 & calipers/mounting brackets from a 4WD Pathfinder.

iL430kQ.jpg

Here's the assemblies from the 4WD Pathfinder. The have a splined jackshaft that goes thru the hubs (not shown).

uQYz2SO.jpg

aLhQ11O.jpg

3iWD7os.jpg

Edited by Bucketerium
Updated images to hopefully work now?
  • Like 2

pictures aren't working

17 hours ago, Bucketerium said:

Not sure if any of this info is of any help to you, but here it is anyways. If I'm misunderstanding, apologies.

Here's what my '79 looks like with the hubs, spindles, & rotors from a RWD, V6 D21 & calipers/mounting brackets from a 4WD Pathfinder.

Here's the assemblies from the 4WD Pathfinder. The have a splined jackshaft that goes thru the hubs (not shown).

• Like 1