Charlie69

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Hey I’ve been racking my brain over finding a complete drum brake hardware set for my 1981 720 king cab 5 speed. Rockauto has 3 options of varying sizes, does anybody have an idea on what those numbers mean?

Ex: the centric says 12/81

And the Wagner 10x 1 3/4”

• Like 1

This is the build date. 12/81 is December of '81, just before it changes to '82. However this is NOT the model year of any truck. As the model year begins around June of the previous summer 12/81 is an '82 model year built in December of '81. Always use the build date as there are 6 months of '82s built in '81. Confused? don't be.

10 x 1 3/4" is the drum diameter and width, or by extension the shoe size that fit this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 9:40 AM, BullDoozer said:

Hey I’ve been racking my brain over finding a complete drum brake hardware set for my 1981 720 king cab 5 speed. Rockauto has 3 options of varying sizes, does anybody have an idea on what those numbers mean?

Wagner # is brake diameter and width of drum/shoe.

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2019 at 9:40 AM, BullDoozer said:

Rock Auto has the Drum Brake Hardware Kits.

10 3/4" x 1 3/4" = 254MM X 45MM

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can find a passenger door for an 85 nissan 720 truck? Mirror position not important. Have the window and guts but some drunk backed into my motorhome. Need a door. Am in alberta Canada. Near Edmonton. 

I live in my motorhome and really need to fix it. I took a crappy hotel room for health reasons and plan on moving back to motorhome soon. 

Thanks, 

Ninj

• Like 1

The place for this is here... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/  ... The good news is that all 720 doors are the same, well.... on the outside. Doors with electric windows are different on the inside and you can't swap manual / electric. I guess if you can find a power source you could run an electric door on one side if you like.

• Like 2
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Some head parts, that took me entirely to long to find. (My Googlefu is no longer strong for some reason)

Nissan intake valve seat: 1109810W10

The aftermarket valve seats that reference the Nissan part number:

Dana# 2187856

Durabond# 31727

Manley# 39640

Elgin# 32007

Enginetech# ST181256

Federal Mogul# 245181256

Martin Wells# W467

Tucker# T2837

SBI# SB1812-56

Nissan exhaust valve seat: 1109910W10

I was unable to locate as many aftermarket options for the  exhaust, under this part number.  I found a website that listed Nissan "substitution numbers" :1109926G11, 11099W0410, and 1109926G10, but aftermarket options were lacking.

After far to much time cross checking part numbers, I went with Energytech intake seats ST181256 and OEM exhaust seats 1109910W10 Hopefully, it save someone time

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

16404-28530 is still available through Nissan.

Almost 140 still showing in stock at PDC's (Parts Distribution Center) across the country.

Suggested retail price $12.72.

Sorry, had to redeem myself on the bushing thing in that other thread.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, KELMO said:

16404-28530 is still available through Nissan.

Almost 140 still showing in stock at PDC's (Parts Distribution Center) across the country.

Suggested retail price $12.72.

Sorry, had to redeem myself on the bushing thing in that other thread.

Kelmo you need no redemption!

• Thanks 1
  • 5 months later...

The ragged old '81 720 King Cab I drug home (it's NOMINALLY an "'81", thank you Mike) had some things disassembled including part of the exhaust system.  In prepping to weld on it, I found that the three hex nuts that tighten that flange (see above) to the stock Z-22 exhaust manifold outlet were lost.  Lucky me, my little fifty-year-old tap and die set from Sears, Roebuck, the Amazon of the 20th century, had the obscure-sized die that allowed me to chase the rusty threads of the three studs on the bottom end of that manifold  ,  ,  ,  AND to identify the thread size so I could procure the needed nuts;   take a note:  M11-1.50.  Well,  good luck finding them!!!  You know right off that the so-called "hardware" stores catering to homeowners, such as Ace, Home Despot, Lowes, et al, will have a limited selection of metric stuff in M4, M6, M8, M10, M12, etc., but never anything as ODD as M11-1.50.  And the auto parts chains won't have any such thing, nor even a way to find those nuts listed by application on their computers. Alas, two of the industrial fastener supply houses I rely on and will drive some distance to (in the Seattle/Tacoma area, Tacoma Screw Products and High Strength Bolt) gave me the dismaying news that they had nothing in M11.
But, I found them, in maybe the first place I should have tried:  a Nissan dealer!!  Younker Nissan, once Younker Datsun, found me some M11-1.50 nuts that should work, though they are a bit different from the originals.  These are flange nuts, which does mean that the hex size is small enough that the socket used will turn and not bind against the exhaust tubing.  The other difference is that these are also pinch-nuts, so not easy to drive but they won't fall off.

Nissan part number is 20602-41G00

Oops, minor crrection:  These are not any kind of self-locking nut.  They have three tiny marks at the upper end of the threads that looked to my old eyes as though they might have been staked. I asked the counter man if they were some variety of pinch-nut and he said yes, but in installing them today I find he was wrong, that there is no self-locking action.  Whatever, these nut will still serve the purpose.

Edited by seattle smitty
  • Like 2
  • 1 year later...
On 12/13/2022 at 12:50 PM, 85"720 said:

Does anyone  have the part number to the rubber coupler  on the gearbox. 

Yup.... you did say gearbox.

It's also known as a rag joint. On an '85

48071-01W00 for 2wd manual steering.

48070-19W05 power assist, tilt steering and 4x4

On 12/15/2022 at 8:22 PM, datzenmike said:

Yup.... you did say gearbox.

It's also known as a rag joint. On an '85

48071-01W00 for 2wd manual steering.

48070-19W05 power assist, tilt steering and 4x4

Thats true. I did set myself  up on that. 

Thats the name I was looking for.

Thank you.