RAT'S with DAT'S Show & Swapmeet June 10,11,12 . presented by Datslocos Oregon

denmarkboy

You know, i sit here reading and think to myself.  Didnt this same exact thing happen 10 years ago between our club and canby?  And the one thing i learned from it is people, GET OVER IT.   We all love the same damn cars,  both sides are right in some ways, and wrong in others.  BOO FREAKING HOO 

We all love our cars,  and all you are going to these shows for is to show and look at other cars,  and maybe find some parts and toys for sale.  Get some shirts,  bullshit, and have a good time.   This club politics crap is for the school yard.  It is not needed.  No show is better than any other show.  Blue lake , canby, Rats n dats,  they are all great shows in their own ways.   Lets support our local community, lets grow our shows.  Otherwise you will have idiots refusing to go to other peoples shows (it took us a while before we started going to canby again, and for people from canby to come to our show again) but now were all going to eachothers shows.  But for years there was tension and crap that was NOT needed, when we all share the same passion.    Come on guys,  we do this for the passion.  Not whos club is better.    Lets make the PNW the best for datsuns like it always has been. 

• Like 9
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We used to do cruises, and gatherings in portland in the 90's, and early 2000's,  then everyone just lost interest.  Ive tried getting cruises together in portland and no one shows up.  Not like our club hasnt tried. 

• Like 2

My datsun struggled in Portland. Not to mention the things loud as hell. City driving isn't for me and Portland is a cluster Fuck of nope. I remember thinking I was the only batshit crazy datsun owner. Obsessing and absorbing all the info I could started looking for a club in the area. Next thing I know I find Datslocos oregon. Post asking about meets and next thing I know I'm meeting Al a guy who's posts I've seen since I first found ratsun. Made what I consider to be close friends @510bendor , Brian, tanner, Al, and so many more. I find after every meet wether it's a parking lot to a camp ground in the middle of nowhere I'm gaining new knowledge and making new friends all sharing the same passion and love for datsuns and just looking for a good time. I've made so Many friends that I watch build progression and aim so happy for them because they are shaping their vision into a reality. They are building their dreams and when they are cool enough to share their knowledge and help someone else's dream succeed and not just fade away that's what I see. Datslocos gives people a reason to ask "what's Datslocos?" And I always tell them with the biggest grin "my car club I am in." And always leads to talk of their old datsun or their buddy that had one. Shit bought a cherry picker from a guy and rolled up in my truck and he started telling me about his 510 he had that he put flatop pistons in and I watched this old man turn into a young adult again he was so excited and after he looked at me and said "I've been looking for a project I wouldn't mind having another datsun" I thought I found Datslocos but really it was going to find me regardless. First meet the big Orange beast showed up to Aaron tanner and Brian all were like "it's you that drives this thing?" No hate jokes always and fuckery at a full. Drama is none. I'm crazy about datsuns ask anyone I worked with pumping gas. Could spot a datsun from a mile away and when it pulled in I turned into a little school girl oogling and drooling over everyone that came in. People watched me bust ass and live broke but see my dream coming true and they are so amazed at my progress. Yeah it might just be a 720 and borderline nissan rolling a napz with basic mods. But I got plans. Till then anyone can attest I daily my datsuns. That's how you know I'm working. Orange jacked up 720 and dropped on its nuts blue 720 sticker bombed to Hell on the dash. Shows don't matter I don't need a trophy a pat on the back with a great work Is good enough for me because I'm winning still because people can see my dream and can dig it regardless of if its their style or not.

Very proud to know to you Zarren .  very well shared words . We do have fun together and thats not about to Stop .See you in August if not before. .

We ( Datslocos ) will continue to do our best to make this hobby fun , because that is all that matters in the end ! 

A sneak peak of the parking lot for next years show in July . Ya I said July , and thats the B210 half court in a lot on the lake that will hold a few cars, boats ,  . .  . . more info to come on a new thread soon .

IMAG0045_zpsjjkkwbsq.jpg

• Like 7

Very proud to know to you Zarren . very well shared words . We do have fun together and thats not about to Stop .See you in August if not before. .

We ( Datslocos ) will continue to do our best to make this hobby fun , because that is all that matters in the end !

A sneak peak of the parking lot for next years show in July . Ya I said July , and thats the B210 half court in a lot on the lake that will hold a few cars, boats , . . . . more info to come on a new thread soon .

IMAG0045_zpsjjkkwbsq.jpg

Same here Al can't wait to see your dime. It's always a blast and I'm not planning on giving up datsuns anytime soon. Don't really want anything else.

Very proud to know to you Zarren .  very well shared words . We do have fun together and thats not about to Stop .See you in August if not before. .

A sneak peak of the parking lot for next years show in July . Ya I said July , and thats the B210 half court in a lot on the lake that will hold a few cars, boats ,  . .  . . more info to come on a new thread soon .

IMAG0045_zpsjjkkwbsq.jpg

it looks nice al! But the location at clay creek was beautiful, that was real camping.

There is a camp ground as well. It's not as secluded, but it's close by.

And showers , amphitheater , cell service , lake for swimming, 20 mins from I-5 . 10 mins from the eugene air port.

I will get to buildkng a new thread with info , site maps , and of course pictures this weekend

• Like 4

Very proud to know to you Zarren . very well shared words . We do have fun together and thats not about to Stop .See you in August if not before. .

A sneak peak of the parking lot for next years show in July . Ya I said July , and thats the B210 half court in a lot on the lake that will hold a few cars, boats , . . . . more info to come on a new thread soon .

IMAG0045_zpsjjkkwbsq.jpg

Can't wait!!!

• Like 2

And showers , amphitheater , cell service , lake for swimming, 20 mins from I-5 . 10 mins from the eugene air port.

I will get to buildkng a new thread with info , site maps , and of course pictures this weekend

so I won't get lost going up a gravel mountain next year? Sweet
  • Like 2

Going to open that door are we....

Oh and you mean the time I didn't have a job for 3 mouths and had 1200 dollors to may name and my Datsun wasn't ready to do anything and I couldn't spend a dime on anything other the rent! And a little bit of food??

Cuz if you are then you should understand why..

Got anything else??

Do you want me to brake down my expenses?

Cuz I tell you if I had money during that time I would have been working on the Datsun.

Every chance I have I work on that thing!

So...what you're trying to say is nothing would happen if datslocos didnt exist? No one would do Datsun stuff without datslocos being attached to it?

Define to me what datslocos does.

Now tell me what the difference is between that and what nanners, ted, and jrock have done for you.

what the fuck happened in here ?    was this my comment about waking up the second day and counting all he cars a second time .. or the joke about dans first car mood caught on film ... 

jesus christ... and i will add one thing i seem to remember this whole canby 2015 thing and shit turning into a bash fest of datsun's northwest ... after a donation, raffle truck build give back re sell fiasco ... seems like im the only one who knows the truth and i own the stupid fucking brady bunch surf idol now ... 

uber wtf your jrocking allover this thread .. i know u as a chill dude and i seen you the other day and u looked pissed and it wasn't the onions... i super appreciated the text after words about non datsun stuff but then i seen you dropping the j cock all up in here ... damn due come by we can hug .. i promise no lexi lizard jokes .. 

ted you new job sniffing the countys shit and unclogging super drains got you mad .... last time i checked we were all bros ...shit supposed to meet up today with a few datto'rs and now i can see hwy we dont as much ... u guys are acting like me ...  

can we just stop now ... we all know there wasn't 50 peeps who cares .. canby turn out wasn't great either ... there's a divide ... and it appears to be kinda west side story like ... i agree lock this shit ... 

the club shit ... this is always how it goes ... sorry been a part of a lot of clubs car and trucks and it all ends the same .. people think there special piss people off start new shit and all it really ends up doing is ruining a scene ... sorry but its true ... i don't do clubs they don't mean shit anymore .. there a sticker or window graphic that means hey this is me  ....... I'm so over this shit 

i barely could bring myself to hit canby this year not because i don't wanna

call a spade a spade ... al created this show on the weekend to spite canby(we all know this despite any real reason or it ..) for being called out the way he was ... not that i agree with how dnw handled it..... but for even being associated with the questionable situation

... sorry i question everything i was told at this point ... and sorry but datsnocos should be upset they were associated with

A. bashing another group for how they handled them selves publicly and

B.  a raffle vehicle that the money was not where it was supposed to be ... 

its not even like passive agressive its straight up ... and u can respect a person for that or u cant ... i know where i stand ... but i heard more about that stupid truck by buying then i ever wanted to know ... ( i feel like the guy who went to vegas for a bachelor party then walked in on the groom banging a stripper now i gotta fly back home and hold this shit ... )

• Like 1

Keeping this thread alive while waiting on lives to regenerate in candy crush.......

Our*

my two favorite comments

... hey there's a cruise night in Lewis county comin up this weekend.... there's a hose that is special there i use i to wash sand out of my mangina weekly and im happy to share it .. no booze though locals hoard it all 

• Like 1