RAT'S with DAT'S Show & Swapmeet June 10,11,12 . presented by Datslocos Oregon

denmarkboy

One thing interesting happened with my datto on the way back from Rats with Dats last Sunday....speedometer started working half way back from the campground....lil but who I went for a drive and still works.....compared to the GPS and it's accurate as well..... :thumbup:

20160618_130837.jpg

rats fixed while you were sleeping  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So last weekend Me the wife and 2 kids all packed in the 2 door 510 for 2 days of camping and 2 days at the beach...Well there was no  cell service out where we were camping so I only took a few pictures and didn't post for over 2 days...By the time I got to where we had service I was busy continuing to have fun without the use of my cellphone with the exception of a few pictures once again...Here it is almost a week later and I cannot tell you how satisfying it has been to not post! I truly got to spend real quality time sharing my passion with people that actually love and care for me was way more rewarding than any like on facebook...Thank you Al!

• Like 6

this was my wifes first datsun meet and now she is hooked. and i guess she has expensive taste since now she wants a roadster haha

I was kind of wondering why your wife and Isaac's did not attend gatoland.

You guys coming out for the CDN cruise Thursday? My wife and I will be running it.

That ain't north Oregon. It may be for you.

There is a void of Datsun shows in Portland Metro. That's where focus should be. Not Salem/Silverton.

People came from all over for theSilver Falls run. Bend, Pendleton, Portland, Eugene. That pretty much makes up the northern half of Oregon.

He's 20 miles from Portland...but throws meets south of that...calls himself N.DLO. hm.

Just saying, Portland is lacking in action.

Holding things in PDX would increase turnout.

I have to disagree. Everyone I know that lives in Oregon knows to pretty much stay away from Portland, for the most part. In the past few years it's gotten so over populated that even driving through the city is miserable. Even when I lived in Portland, I considered silver falls a northern hike because it only took half hour or 45 to get there. Portland is almost on the border, so Salem is still northern Oregon to me. Eugene is central, Medford south.

That being said, what's being talked about is completely opinion based. So it's totally fine if you don't think of it as northern Oregon, but we that live here do.

• Like 2

I used to live there. 30+ years. Salem is not northern Oregon.

Also, Portland Datsun owners need stuff to do.

It's not like you're trying to do things downtown or anything.

@flatcat19 Sounds like you are volunteering to cover said region? LULZ? But seriously that is how this has been working! I am out in Central Oregon Bend area so I started Central Oregon High Desert Datsuns aka Desert Datsuns ...in sharing a common interest and to grow numbers we also roll as Datslocos Oregon East Chapter all started because we didn't have a good "scene"...we now have all be it small a good core group of Datsuneers who all run together for all kinds of stuff from bombing in on other car clubs to fun runs to work days...If you want it , Make It! 

out of 40+ members via facebook we have a solid 12 that participate and we run almost 50% or better participation so we feel we are doing good and having fun...SO much that we will be hosting our own big event the last weekend in August 26th-28th Datsuns Around Bend...

I used to live there. 30+ years. Salem is not northern Oregon.

Also, Portland Datsun owners need stuff to do.

It's not like you're trying to do things downtown or anything.

I agree they wouldn't be trying to plan something for downtown, but putting a run a bit south of Portland makes it seem just that much closer for others to come from around the state. And being the Oregon sector that's what they want. Not to say Washington and Cali guys or non club members aren't allowed, but it's obviously aimed towards Oregon folk.

It really doesn't matter if Salem is or isn't technically Northern Oregon, people will always consider it what they view it as, hence both of our last posts.

@bend...you realize I live 200 miles away from Portland, right?

As for doing something here? I do. I entertain myself all day. We ain't go no Datsun peeps near here. Those that do own Datsuns within a 20 mile radius are way too half-core to even bother asking to do anything.

I do plan my trips to Portland around things I'm interested is getting to.

Canby, blue lake, the old RR meets.

@bend...you realize I live 200 miles away from Portland, right?

As for doing something here? I do. I entertain myself all day. We ain't go no Datsun peeps near here. Those that do own Datsuns within a 20 mile radius are way too half-core to even bother asking to do anything.

I do plan my trips to Portland around things I'm interested is getting to.

Canby, blue lake, the old RR meets.

LMAO...So you're just trolling? If PDX wants a scene they will make! Give us all a break...It's a Hobby For Fun...lets not forget that!

• Like 1

Hey guys, just wanted to touch base with yall, I'm super vummed i missed out, day that i was supposed to leave i get called into work on ny requested days off, fuckin stupid. I think I'm gonna head to eugene for the weekend next weekenf if anyone wants to link up??

My datsun struggled in Portland. Not to mention the things loud as hell. City driving isn't for me and Portland is a cluster Fuck of nope. I remember thinking I was the only batshit crazy datsun owner. Obsessing and absorbing all the info I could started looking for a club in the area. Next thing I know I find Datslocos oregon. Post asking about meets and next thing I know I'm meeting Al a guy who's posts I've seen since I first found ratsun. Made what I consider to be close friends @510bendor , Brian, tanner, Al, and so many more. I find after every meet wether it's a parking lot to a camp ground in the middle of nowhere I'm gaining new knowledge and making new friends all sharing the same passion and love for datsuns and just looking for a good time. I've made so Many friends that I watch build progression and aim so happy for them because they are shaping their vision into a reality. They are building their dreams and when they are cool enough to share their knowledge and help someone else's dream succeed and not just fade away that's what I see. Datslocos gives people a reason to ask "what's Datslocos?" And I always tell them with the biggest grin "my car club I am in." And always leads to talk of their old datsun or their buddy that had one. Shit bought a cherry picker from a guy and rolled up in my truck and he started telling me about his 510 he had that he put flatop pistons in and I watched this old man turn into a young adult again he was so excited and after he looked at me and said "I've been looking for a project I wouldn't mind having another datsun" I thought I found Datslocos but really it was going to find me regardless. First meet the big Orange beast showed up to Aaron tanner and Brian all were like "it's you that drives this thing?" No hate jokes always and fuckery at a full. Drama is none. I'm crazy about datsuns ask anyone I worked with pumping gas. Could spot a datsun from a mile away and when it pulled in I turned into a little school girl oogling and drooling over everyone that came in. People watched me bust ass and live broke but see my dream coming true and they are so amazed at my progress. Yeah it might just be a 720 and borderline nissan rolling a napz with basic mods. But I got plans. Till then anyone can attest I daily my datsuns. That's how you know I'm working. Orange jacked up 720 and dropped on its nuts blue 720 sticker bombed to Hell on the dash. Shows don't matter I don't need a trophy a pat on the back with a great work Is good enough for me because I'm winning still because people can see my dream and can dig it regardless of if its their style or not.

• Like 8

No trolling. Just telling you.

You might be surprised what were to happen if "you" just held a sunday morning coffee run somewhere metro.

We crash Sunday car church all the time. And we go datsun hunting just because we're bored and got some gas to spare. Monthly meets are lacking but were all busy with life and fixing out datsuns.
  • Like 1