RAT'S with DAT'S Show & Swapmeet June 10,11,12 . presented by Datslocos Oregon

denmarkboy

I wish this hadn't gotten all dramatic like this. Some of you aren't fans of Datslocos Oregon, & that's your perogative. It's unfortunate that our event was the same weekend as Canby, but it appeared like it didn't hurt the Canby show anyway. I am never going to be able to convince those that believe our event was scheduled on the same weekend as Canby out of spite,anything other than that. Some of those people are only going to see the negatives. Not really anything I can do about that. I know that we had a great event, some of us went to Canby also. I had a great time there as well.

As for the whole thing with why does there need to be a club,wether it be Datslocos, or some other club; for one thing,it makes organizing fun runs,& meets easier. I have been around the Datsun community for plenty long enough,& been part of the Ratsun community for almost the same amount of time. I have seen people try to organize meets/fun runs,etc as individuals, & while I respect the efforts, I just believe more people are more likely to attend an event, if it is put on by a club. Sure "Bob's " friends will probably get together with him & thier Datsuns,but how many people who don't know "Bob",or his buddies will go to an event put on by a random group of people, that they don't know?

Take a good look at any of the event threads I have posted;either here,or on NWD,Or on one of the Facebook pages. I always make it very clear that everyone is welcome, not just Datslocos Oregon members. Ask anyone that has ever said something like "my Datsun isn't ready, or its broken, etc. You will find out I have always told them to just show up in whatever could get them there.

Another thing; some people (myself included ) like to feel like they are a part of something, being members of a club fits that bill. I don't judge anyone who chooses not to be part of a club, why judge those of us that do?

I have alot of respect for Taadj & Jrock,Rickrat,flatcat,& Nanners,I am just going to agree to disagree with them in this case. Now,please people, can we all just get along, & get back to doing our Datsun stuff?

• Like 3
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We all demand respect when r part of something/group club ect. But i can see the other side of this.  Not every datsun owner is goin to get along. Ppl join or hang where they feel they fit in or belong. This is the reason car clubs started. I have a thicker skin than some it seems, i try not to get caught up in drama tho either.  I hope both camps grow the scene and somehow get along,at least enough not to kill each other.

This old mans goin to bed. U all play fukin nice!

• Like 2

I wish this hadn't gotten all dramatic like this. Some of you aren't fans of Datslocos Oregon, & that's your perogative. It's unfortunate that our event was the same weekend as Canby, but it appeared like it didn't hurt the Canby show anyway. I am never going to be able to convince those that believe our event was scheduled on the same weekend as Canby out of spite,anything other than that. Some of those people are only going to see the negatives. Not really anything I can do about that. I know that we had a great event, some of us went to Canby also. I had a great time there as well.

As for the whole thing with why does there need to be a club,wether it be Datslocos, or some other club; for one thing,it makes organizing fun runs,& meets easier. I have been around the Datsun community for plenty long enough,& been part of the Ratsun community for almost the same amount of time. I have seen people try to organize meets/fun runs,etc as individuals, & while I respect the efforts, I just believe more people are more likely to attend an event, if it is put on by a club. Sure "Bob's " friends will probably get together with him & thier Datsuns,but how many people who don't know "Bob",or his buddies will go to an event put on by a random group of people, that they don't know?

Take a good look at any of the event threads I have posted;either here,or on NWD,Or on one of the Facebook pages. I always make it very clear that everyone is welcome, not just Datslocos Oregon members. Ask anyone that has ever said something like "my Datsun isn't ready, or its broken, etc. You will find out I have always told them to just show up in whatever could get them there.

Another thing; some people (myself included ) like to feel like they are a part of something, being members of a club fits that bill. I don't judge anyone who chooses not to be part of a club, why judge those of us that do?

I have alot of respect for Taadj & Jrock,Rickrat,flatcat,& Nanners,I am just going to agree to disagree with them in this case. Now,please people, can we all just get along, & get back to doing our Datsun stuff?

Loren we've put on plenty of events as individuals that brought more than just "buddies" showing up. We had a cruise last spring with 32 vehicles over 250 miles. Many people I had met for the first time. Another a few years back to Mt. Rainier with a sizable turn out, people from northern wester wa and Oregon. Again no club involved. We are capable of doing everything a club can do with out them.

• Like 2

time to skim read to many bullshit posts about bullshit things and to many bullshit datsun things to do 

looks like a bunch of bullshit 

I think people had fun at either event with or without their datsuns  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:  :fu:

• Like 6

So you guys are pissed because of some bullshit?

Get over your bullshit.

I think there is a lot of fabricated bullshit being made up about the club 'demanding respect'

And acting like 'nothing happened' before the club was present in the nw. Oh and since when did the car club turn into a gang. WTF

That's the bullshit.

• Like 1

Loren we've put on plenty of events as individuals that brought more than just "buddies" showing up. We had a cruise last spring with 32 vehicles over 250 miles. Many people I had met for the first time. Another a few years back to Mt. Rainier with a sizable turn out, people from northern wester wa and Oregon. Again no club involved. We are capable of doing everything a club can do with out them.

Ok,but that's YOU Ted,not the average person. Sure some people are well known enough, to be able to draw in a large number of people, even though they have never met them. Then again,do you think that just because you don't know them,they haven't heard of you? I have been here on Ratsun for something like around 7+ years. I post my share in various threads, but I doubt that even now,after organizing several meets,& fun runs,that I could draw as many people as an individual, as I can as a leader of Datslocos Oregon. Like I said earlier, I respect you that can,& have done things for our community, on your own,I just find that for me,it works to work as a part of a club,to do things for our community.

• Like 2

#dramaqueens

I had a different Ratsun profile previously. My home computer had a complete & utter meltdown,& I could not remember my password info. I asked the mods at the time to just go ahead and link the two accounts, if that were possible, but either it wasn't, or nobody ever did it. Either way, I have been around longer than my current profile shows. Doesn't really matter either way.

My point was that while some individuals are able to organize an event of some kind,& draw a larger crowd, I think the average person trying to do the same thing would have better showing doing that as a club event,rather than as an individual. It doesn't matter which club,or what that clubs name is. Again,I tend to think that just because you,or others with a well known reputation, & following can do it as individuals, does not necessarily mean that the average individual can.

In the grand scheme of things, it doesn't matter to me either way. I have friends in 3 of the clubs that are currently actively putting on events in my area. I have done what I could to help out with thier events, that includes this year's Canby show. If you,or any other individual wants to organize something, that is in my area,or within reasonable travel distance, I would be more than happy to be part of that. I always enjoy talking to you, Jrock and the other people I think are capable of putting on events as individuals. By all means, let me know, I will do my best to be there.

• Like 1

You quote replied the wrong person....nOOb :lol:

Lol! Yeah,I saw that after I posted it. I only have my phone for internet,since my home computer crashed (apparently prior to July 2012,not that I am really keeping track.) Posting from my phone,& it's tiny screen &" keyboard",occasionally makes me miss mistakes that I would hopefully catch on a desktop computer.

On an entirely different note, it was nice talking to you Saturday, as always. I'm looking forward to Blue Lake, & Datsuns around Bend. Are you going to either, or both?

• Like 1

Lol! Yeah,I saw that after I posted it. I only have my phone for internet,since my home computer crashed (apparently prior to July 2012,not that I am really keeping track.) Posting from my phone,& it's tiny screen &" keyboard",occasionally makes me miss mistakes that I would hopefully catch on a desktop computer.

On an entirely different note, it was nice talking to you Saturday, as always. I'm looking forward to Blue Lake, & Datsuns around Bend. Are you going to either, or both?

Yeah I know....I don't even own a computer...ya it was a pleasure chatting with you as well, Loren and yes I'm planning on going to both :thumbup:

• Like 1

So you guys are pissed because of some bullshit?

Get over your bullshit.

I think there is a lot of fabricated bullshit being made up about the club 'demanding respect'

And acting like 'nothing happened' before the club was present in the nw. Oh and since when did the car club turn into a gang. WTF

That's the bullshit.

I dont the time to dig it up but datslocos himself made a post in an event thread that said that very thing "we demand respect".....that's no bullshit just fact. I don't spew bullshit, I drop facts. If you notice I don't ramble thru post after post poking at one individual or another, I make a statement then allow a discussion to progress from it......and discuss.

i agree with both sides.

old school guys dont like the datsun club ideas, they like just being datsun owners and have no club name attached.they want meets to just be datsun meets no other club name attached to it, just a plain simple datsun meet.

new school guys like to be a part of a group where they can share their passion about datsuns and not be judged or ridiculed if they have noob questions. oh and lots and lots of stickers haha.

personally i like both things when someone throws an event in my area (datslocos or not) ill go. the mijority of the cars and their owners at rats with dats were datslocos but not onces did anyone try to recruit anyone that wasnt a member like gangs do. there was nothing but respect, no one talked about canby good or bad when we were there. if the show was made on the same weekend out of spite then u would figure canby would up came up in the convertions and been talked bad about. i went to both and both were good. out of all the ones saying that it should have been on a different weekend, did u guys even go to any of the shows? or were u just at home typing on your pc ur anger? different shows different people suck it up and choose one or go to both its not that hard. lol

• Like 8

It wasn't Datsloco that said said "we demand respect" I could easily pull up the thread and point out the post if I were at home qtip. But I know it wasn't Datsloco.

Ok so the exact poster wasn't correct but it was said, I didn't find this but its was brought to me I can't make an official quote because the thread is locked but here it is, posted by mytoy521 "And I'm the V.P, we are a bunch of Datsun Lovrs, we give and demand respect.".....and discuss...

i agree with both sides.

old school guys dont like the datsun club ideas, they like just being datsun owners and have no club name attached.they want meets to just be datsun meets no other club name attached to it, just a plain simple datsun meet.

new school guys like to be a part of a group where they can share their passion about datsuns and not be judged or ridiculed if they have noob questions. oh and lots and lots of stickers haha.

personally i like both things when someone throws an event in my area (datslocos or not) ill go. the mijority of the cars and their owners at rats with dats were datslocos but not onces did anyone try to recruit anyone that wasnt a member like gangs do. there was nothing but respect, no one talked about canby good or bad when we were there. if the show was made on the same weekend out of spite then u would figure canby would up came up in the convertions and been talked bad about. i went to both and both were good. out of all the ones saying that it should have been on a different weekend, did u guys even go to any of the shows? or were u just at home typing on your pc ur anger? different shows different people suck it up and choose one or go to both its not that hard. lol

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^

• Like 2

I dont the time to dig it up but datslocos himself made a post in an event thread that said that very thing "we demand respect".....that's no bullshit just fact. I don't spew bullshit, I drop facts. If you notice I don't ramble thru post after post poking at one individual or another, I make a statement then allow a discussion to progress from it......and discuss.

Q-tip! Hey Buddy, where were you this year? I mostly go to Canby to see people. I was going to list a few of those people here,but that list would be really long,so I will just say that you (Q-tip) Ted,Jrock,Wayno,and a Bunch of others are among them. It wa since to talk to Rick for a few minutes, nice saying Hi to James,even though I purposely rushed past his booth,because I knew he would have a bunch of stuff I would want,but I didn't have enough $ to buy much of anything this time. As usual Ted,Jrock & Phixius were a big help parts wise. I was able to get the parts I need to hopefully get my 610 wagon on the road before August. I hope people don't get the idea Taadj & I are arguing in this thread. We have different views on the sub,that's all. I respect the opinions of others, even if I don't necessarily agree with them.