RAT'S with DAT'S Show & Swapmeet June 10,11,12 . presented by Datslocos Oregon

denmarkboy

Desert Datsuns will be there with our crew...Going to be an awesome time!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OregonHighDesertDatsus/

That being said we will be hosting a Caravan/ Fun Run From Bend Oregon to Rat's with Dat's aproxx trip time is 3 hours 30 minutes @ 170 miles +/-

Thinking departure just before 1pm from Bend Oregon with an expected arrival time of 4:20pm...maybe take the scenic route over 242 if everyone's up for it?

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Bend,+OR/Clay+Creek+Picnic+Area,+Walton,+OR/@44.1269526,-122.9969596,9z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x54b8c0ffa5d3d251:0x1088e7acc720d1b4!2m2!1d-121.3153096!2d44.0581728!1m5!1m1!1s0x54c16bfe68b2d977:0x99e7483e0e1894d1!2m2!1d-123.5726428!2d43.903704!3e0?hl=en

Nice work getting there at 4:20, we'll wait until you guys show up haha..... Maybe
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there showers, water, electricity, lighting?

I considered having a shower trailer brought in , there are no showers .  There will be generators on site supplying power for those that need things charged , and lighting , and for the bands/pa. there is all kinds of fresh and river water .

Those that are only coming for the day can expect to have basic refreshments ( bottle water ) provided . 

This is a camping event with a car show .   For those of us camping , coffee and muffins will be provided on Saturday & Sunday . No charge !

tips will be accepted by the beautiful young ladies serving .

Due to remote location there is NO cell phone signal .  Plan accordingly 

And just a reminder ,  We are 70% booked with pre registrations .  The VIP spots are almost gone . 

• Like 3

Al, how long before flyers are done?, last Friday after I parked at the yard I got tired of waiting for my gf so I started walking....did about 100 yards from the yard and heard the sweet sound of an SR20 turbo...looked to my right and saw a half open roll up door....approached got the ok to go in and....my eyes went wide open with....two datsun 240z, couple 240sx all drift builds...it looked like one of those fast and furious movie scenes in there with car lifts and high performance equipment and parts & engines and work benches.....I thought for a moment I had dropped dead and was in heaven :thumbup:

Well I got to talking with the guys there and when I told them about Rats with Dats their eyes lit up, they liked the idea, so I told them I would bring flyers, they also have a body shop right next door, really kool setup :)

• Like 4

I'm not making fliers , I am however having some business cards made . And they will have all the basic info on the front and the RatswithDats.com  website on the back  . I should have them friday . I had 1000 made. 

I would just steer them to the website . 

And I will get you some of the cards this weekend. 

• Like 3

Al, how long before flyers are done?, last Friday after I parked at the yard I got tired of waiting for my gf so I started walking....did about 100 yards from the yard and heard the sweet sound of an SR20 turbo...looked to my right and saw a half open roll up door....approached got the ok to go in and....my eyes went wide open with....two datsun 240z, couple 240sx all drift builds...it looked like one of those fast and furious movie scenes in there with car lifts and high performance equipment and parts & engines and work benches.....I thought for a moment I had dropped dead and was in heaven :thumbup:

Well I got to talking with the guys there and when I told them about Rats with Dats their eyes lit up, they liked the idea, so I told them I would bring flyers, they also have a body shop right next door, really kool setup :)

Pictures???

• Like 2

Event trophies are almost done !  Dash plaques are done . :thumbup:

Since we are judging the car by class and not model, these are the classes  ; Stock , Custom , Rat , Best of show , Best interior , Peoples choice .

And we will have a special trophy for the activities planned , the egg race , tire rotation challenge . etc . 

IMAG5872_zps10avxgo0.jpgIMAG5871_zpswmpuhmdo.jpgIMAG5875_zpsfug8tjyh.jpg

• Like 8

love the chicken

I tried to get a gold sofa for the best interior . .  :devil:

Still working on that . . . You should have seen the ladies face when I wrote out the order for the trophies . I wanted a golden rat for the rat class, and a few other requested that have never been made .  She said " What kind of an event is this ?"  I told her car show / campout / swapmeet . And she said " And you want what on the trophies ?"  

one thing is for sure , We will be having FUN at this event !  So leave your smoking jackets at home . But if you plan on sleeping you may want to bring some ear plugs ! 

And maybe a blindfold if hobo goes streakin !  :w00t:

• Like 5