• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Pasco, WA:

7h58m to Rats/Dats

3h52m to Canby. 

Those are all at posted speed limit. Not Datsun driving time. 

I dont want people to choose one over the other . it would be great to see you here. But I understand the distance issue . Why do you think posts like " canby can't wait " exist ?  because so many datsun people dont trust their datsuns to drive 2 + hours in any direction . And half that say they will go never do . Or have trouble keeping air in the tires . lol  

• Like 4

I dont want people to choose one over the other . it would be great to see you here. But I understand the distance issue . Why do you think posts like " canby can't wait " exist ?  because so many datsun people dont trust their datsuns to drive 2 + hours in any direction . And half that say they will go never do . Or have trouble keeping air in the tires . lol  

My largest issue is getting the time off work. That's all. 

As the game plan stands i might only get to be at Canby Sunday. And it's like a 60/40% thing. Still nowhere near a maybe. 

• Like 2

From Pasco, WA:

7h58m to Rats/Dats

3h52m to Canby.

Those are all at posted speed limit. Not Datsun driving time.

There is now way in hell that it would take an additional 4hrs to get from Canby to Rats with Dats. Portland to Eugene is at most 2hrs, plus around another 30 to get to the campground.

There is now way in hell that it would take an additional 4hrs to get from Canby to Rats with Dats. Portland to Eugene is at most 2hrs, plus around another 30 to get to the campground.

That's going down 97 towards Bend. Avoiding 84, 205, and I-5's traffic/constant speed. 

Maybe next year. Kevin?

• Like 3

If going to Canby in the 521 I'd take 14 the whole way to enjoy the spirited romp along the river.

Way more fun than taking 84 which runs parallel to it across the river. Yawn!

No way am I going to Eugene down the freeways.

The trip is half the enjoyment.

• Like 2

I hear you, Keith, 14 is beautiful drive especially West of The Dalles can :thumbup:

All of 14 is a good drive. Camas to I-82.

Slow in places. Single lane. Whatever.

Never traffic. Hardly ever affected by the Gorge's wind. Mildly challenging.

Been taking that route from Portland to Tri-Cities for 10 years now. I have never seen a cop on 14 outside of the towns along the way.

• Like 2

Maybe next year, you can swing this way and we'll drive down to Eugene via HWY 97.

Beautiful drive...if the forest isn't on fire.

Back in mid 2000's when I used to load potatoes in Boardman, Or., I used to run down 97 to Redmond, then take the Sisters turnoff, and up n over to Eugene on Hwy126 on my big truck, took my grandpa with me few times and we loved it despite the extra hour and half trip.....loaded to the max....big hills to pull....but we'll worth it :thumbup:

• Like 1

I'm thinking this will be a go for me. I can get off at the bar I bartend at easily and the bar I manage at gives me a week off. I'm going to drive it as well. I want parts bad. Big heavy parts. The down side is I don't think it's feasible to drive my 521. Small gas tank and small cab and a harsh ride will make for a much longer trip. If I take the Buick I can fill the trunk up with parts and a windshield will fit in the back seat. And I will get to see datsuns I've never seen in my life

• Like 4

I'm thinking this will be a go for me. I can get off at the bar I bartend at easily and the bar I manage at gives me a week off. I'm going to drive it as well. I want parts bad. Big heavy parts. The down side is I don't think it's feasible to drive my 521. Small gas tank and small cab and a harsh ride will make for a much longer trip. If I take the Buick I can fill the trunk up with parts and a windshield will fit in the back seat. And I will get to see datsuns I've never seen in my life

It'd be great to meet you. You could certainly double dip on the shows this weekend!

What parts do you need? We could organize something if you are serious.. load it up and haul it back.

• Like 2

It'd be great to meet you. You could certainly double dip on the shows this weekend!

What parts do you need? We could organize something if you are serious.. load it up and haul it back.

It would be great to meet everyone on here. See if the images in my head are even close to who people are. Lol

I would definitely go to both shows as well

It's no so much what I need as want. I would love to have a dogleg in my truck. My first ride was a b210gx with one. I would cram as much as I could in the car. windshield would definitely be on that list. Tailgate too. The list goes on and on :)

• Like 1