DatsunsNW future plans and events

Guest Mojo510

Guest Mojo510

What a great weekend, great to see some new faces at our meet and cruise, thx to Rueul for heading up the run after the meeting, there was some spirited driving for sure, even found myself pointing the wrong direction once on a tight switchback ooops, nicklepistol as my only witness. Two 410's showed up and had the wheels driven off them, one owned by 13 year old Carson Lum (driven by dad Dave) That does'nt happen every weekend! Good to meet Wayno and his diesel truck. I think we have the best venue in the Datsun community for our meeting and hope to keep building momentum in out local Datsun community. I'm thinking we should have a BBQ soon at one of our meetings??

Steven Pepka

DNW pres

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mojo510

Datsuns NW is going drag racing this Sat. May 7th, tracks open and the weather looks like its going to be great! Bring out those Datsuns and enjoy a night at the drags, if your not going to run there is beer and food and plenty to see, I'm going to see if the wife wlil bring out her Audi and see what it turns.

Our monthly meeting will be on the 21st this month 10-1 at the Portland location.

Loren from datsloco is having a cruise on May 15th to silver falls, for details check out his post here on ratsun. We will be heading out with a couple guys to this, everyone is welcome.

Steven

Guest Mojo510

My 7 year old boy Race and I will be going to Red Door Meet this Sun. the 8th to finish up the moms day weekend, this will be his first Red Door event. Should be fun seeing his reaction while he takes it all in.

Steven Pepka

DNW

I would have enjoyed going to the Drag races Sat, and RDM last night but I've been super busy. Still planning to see you guys at Sykart Tuesday night for some go-karting, I should be able to make it but just barely. Will I be shamed for driving the Z? I know it's 5/10 day but the wagon is parked in the shop and I can't get out there before Tues.

Guest Mojo510

Do you wanna plan a once a month (or more) Sykart night arizonajones? There are a few core Datsun guys that I think would come out for this on a regular basis and maybe it would pull in more? I'm in just let me know what days work best for you.

Alex won the Datsun truck model last night for fast lap, it was awesome.

Steven Pepka

DNW Pres.

Guest Mojo510

All right I'll get better with the pic's and video's, I've always been a "had to be there" guy and don't generally take pic's. But I will start using my Go-Pro and post some stuff :thumbup:

Steven

Do you wanna plan a once a month (or more) Sykart night arizonajones? There are a few core Datsun guys that I think would come out for this on a regular basis and maybe it would pull in more? I'm in just let me know what days work best for you.

A once a month Sykart night would be awesome! Do you think people would come out on a weeknight - like Monday? I suppose we could set up a vote-thread.

• Like 1
Guest Mojo510

Monday nights are enduro nights at Sykart, they have half hour races instead of the 10 minute heats, this makes Monday a tuff night to go cause of limited track access. I would suggest a Tuesday or Thursday as these are their slower nights and easier to get on the track together.

I'm pretty sure 3-4 guys would show up regularly at first, its so much fun i think more will join in! I can start a separate thread on this and see where it goes, if we get enough guys we could start our own race series there.

Steven Pepka

DNW Pres.

Guest Mojo510

Just finished up our meeting, we had a great turn out again with a lot of new faces and a lot familiar ones as well, I contacted Anthony (green supra turbo wagon) a couple months back about coming to the meetings with one of my favorite wagons, after getting a pretty big project done it's back on the road and menacing as ever, good to see Anthony and his car back on the road and he say's he will be at Canby this year. I really appreciate all the help and support guys, so many new members and people volunteering to help with the Canby show, thanks  to everyone!

Next meeting will be after Canby and we will be doing a cruise after the meeting.

Steven Pepka

DNW Pres.

His name is Supra510 on the forum. 2jz powered, about 470 to the wheels. 18 inch wheels, CTSV front brakes, rear mount radiator, three link rear axle. All sorts of fun stuff going on with that car.

Sykart would be awesome! Though Im stuck on nights until early August.

• Like 1