DatsunsNW future plans and events

Guest Mojo510

Guest Mojo510

We will be having our monthly meeting at Wilsonville Nissan Wednesday the 20th at 7, however one of the things we will be discussing is the possibility moving meeting to a different location, day and time, it would be at a shop, indoor with room for 20 plus cars, my idea is to have 10-15 minutes of business then after get out in shop and show what you've done and any future plans. A mini swap meet and bench racing BS session at each meeting.

I plan on attending plenty of shows and other club events like Red Door, Datsloco, NW datuns, BADass, Woodburn import faceoff, auto crosses and track days this year, along with DatsunsNW cruises. I'd like to see more of us getting together for these.

Steve Pepka

DatsunsNW

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Steve!!

As you mentioned in the other thread, I think moving meeting date to a weekend is a great idea. 

I think it's safe to say, you have our (ratsun) support. Dave did a good job, but I'm looking forward to seeing where you take things.

• Like 2
Guest Mojo510

DNW has set our next meeting, I'm excited to move this to a weekend so more can attend, Sat Feb 13th from 9am-12, meeting will be at 9:30 then mini swap meet and social show and tell. This will be a trial run for date, time and location. There will be some soda, coffee and chips.

It will be held at my shop 509 nw Everett st Portland OR 97209. It will be inside and out of the weather and everyone is welcome to attend. Hope to see a good turn out and some new faces and cars.

Steve Pepka

DNW

Oh i got one,, blows air and all,, but i have a water circulation problem somewheres ,, so it works more like air conditioning right now... I had 2 pairs of long johns and a wool shirt and a coat ,, when we went for that drive down to Izzos last month.. Still worth it though :lol:

overly-manly-man-frozen-jack-nicholson-e

If the car can make it that far all in one day,,  :rofl: ,,  just hoping not to be a popsicle when i arrive

• Like 4

I think the hose is to high or pump is faulty so there gets an air pocket in the long hose that goes to pump.. I have installed higher temp thermostat and one of those old tech  inline hose filler things in the line but ,, since i installed i have been either to busy or it has been raining to hard to care to try out,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, yet.

• Like 1

Did you check if the valve is opening in the heater core?, a buddy of mine went nuts chasing the same issue once and it was the valve, it would turn from the outside, but the shaft was seized up in the semi closed position so it looked as if it was working but it wasn't due to the shaft being snapped....

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mojo510

Looks like we are going to have a good turn out on sat. and some new faces and cars. I'll see if i can find a few things to sell or swap, just moved and can't find anything at the moment lol. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Steven Pepka

DNW Pres.

I left the house to go to this(I was late though) and when I arrived at the I5 bridge in Vancouver the on ramp was backed about half a mile to get on the hiway/bridge, I turned around and went back home.

We need minimum speed limits in this area like they have in other cities, them people move in them places, and the ones that can't drive either say off the hiways there, or it seems that they are moving here.  :(

How can you go the posted speed minimum if there are cars ahead of you parked or going slower caused by the congestion (traffic jam) you are trying to eliminate? Have a cop walk down the line handing out tickets? Only way to move traffic at maximum speed is more lanes (maybe) or less cars. You going home did more to help than increasing the minimum speed limit.  

• Like 1

Obviously you have not been to LA, I can drive with them people, they get in their car to go somewhere, not to park on the hiway.

But when they have a wreck down there, they have a wreck and everything stops, but at least there is a reason to be stopped, the others on the other side of the freeway are still moving, around here both sides come to a stop, sometimes because of a person with a flat, both freaking sides of the hiway because of a car with a flat on one side.

I am self employed, I also have quite a few customers that came from southern CA amoung other places, I have actually heard one of them say that they moved from there because they were scared to drive down there, so it seems they came here to slow everyone down.

I say if someone is not doing the speed limit and a lot of cars/trucks/semi trucks are having to pass them, and especially so if they have to pass them on the right, give them a ticket, once they get 3 tickets, take their licence.

How can you go the posted speed minimum if there are cars ahead of you parked or going slower caused by the congestion (traffic jam) you are trying to eliminate? Have a cop walk down the line handing out tickets? Only way to move traffic at maximum speed is more lanes (maybe) or less cars. You going home did more to help than increasing the minimum speed limit.  

• Like 1

I guess that every time I have went down there or was driving thru, it has been either in the winter or a winter holiday like Thanksgiving, most of the time I was driving was during the late evening from places like Sylmar to San Bernardino or from San Bernardino to Lake Elsinore, or in the morning going from the motel to the flying site which is not on the freeway, we also have drove to Torrey Pines from San Bernardino and back, I can only remember once not driving fast, and that was when I was trying to get out of LA going north during rush hour(early evening), but they were still moving, just not freeway speeds.

Around here they just stop on the freeway, most the time I cannot even figure out why, but I am not looking around everywhere either, I am concentrating on driving my car instead of other things.

Wayno, how long ago you been to LA? I'm down there every week....from 2pm to 8pm you'll travel 15 miles in 2 hours :rofl:

• Like 1