CB RADIOS ?

what is needed for a decent functioning cheap set up?  I.E. -antenna? dedicated power source  ?

can they be paired/ used with handheld walkies?

recommended company?

I was thinking of getting into one for my goon for fun runs/ trips.  I know most people carry walkies 

Penny for some thoughts 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COBRA-19ULTRAIII-FACTORY-REFURBISHED-COMPACT-CB-RADIO-FASTEST-SHIPPING-SALE/351424962911?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131003132420%26meid%3D8e301ca2ffd24a05a9483f3dbbaeb8af%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D291618618886

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just another distraction 

static noise sometimes and most people dont have them 

galaxy is a fantastic brand but not cheap 

uniden is good for the price 

I used to play hide and seek in cars with cb radios when I was younger  they called it a rabbit hunt   it was a blast 

but with phones and 2 ways etc unless you do a ton of highway driving and want to know what the truckers are talking about 

I would just use a 2 way or phone 

• Like 1

OR  you could go watch Smokey and the Bandit and put a unit in that bitch!!!  :D  I had one in high school and college.  It is true about the truckers though.  They'll talk your ears off.

• Like 1

Break for the bandit break for the bandit, guess whos jumping on my back door and coming up on yours one more time.  I love that shit. I was a trucker not over the road though Hence Mrbigtanker.east bound and down loaded up and truckin they going to say what they say cant be done we got a long way to go and a short time to get there keep on truckin watch that bandit run. yeeeeeee hawwwwww

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

there are many truck stops with cb shops. if you get a good one it will bluetooth to your phone. most places that have distracted driving laws have an exception for cb radios.

and its fun. im going to pull the one out of my retired motorhome and put it in my new one.sometimes they are nice to have. and there old school cool. best of all cool trucker style handle!

there are many truck stops with cb shops. if you get a good one it will bluetooth to your phone. most places that have distracted driving laws have an exception for cb radios.

and its fun. im going to pull the one out of my retired motorhome and put it in my new one.sometimes they are nice to have. and there old school cool. best of all cool trucker style handle!

99% rip you off.