521 tension rods!

Okay, I have searched for hours! tried every source I could find here! from Chico Nissan.. To some junkyard in new mexico  that I found thru car-part.com! Chico Nissan was very patient and helpful! the dude at the wrecking yard acted like I was an idiot for even trying to find parts for this thing! No offense to anyone! truly! but I spent 20+ thousand dollars on an automotive/autotronics/ diesel,education..and at least that much in tools..i don't have time to deal with some tweeker in a junkyard..acting like I'm an idiot..I know it already!! enough of my bitchin...you guys got any idea where I can find tension rods for a 72 521?? I'm dying over here. I talked my kid into doing a wheels to body,"frame-suspension-plumbing-brake upgrade-kingpin-fuel tank" resto..and im running short on time! any and all help will be appreciated..Jon.

• Like 2
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I talked my kid into doing a wheels to body,"frame-suspension-plumbing-brake upgrade-kingpin-fuel tank" resto..and im running short on time! any and all help will be appreciated..Jon."

THAT ^

Well restoring doesn't mean replace or new. He said he was through the junk yard so they are unlikely to be any better and will need sanding and painting. Is he replacing the frame too??? It must have tension rods on it, so again, what's wrong with them that you can't sand down and paint them. Bent?

• Like 2