This place shuts down dreams lol

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, it can't be done.  Self-defeating original poster is self-defeating original poster.  Maybe you wanted to make a chopped, lowered, rusty 620?  No one's ever done that before! :D

Because every other jabroni that comes on says they are gonna do this and do that, maybe even starts up a build thread that goes 13 pages of absoloute bullshit then dissapears. Seen it a buncha a times

hey I'm a jabroni with a thread that's maybe made it 14 pages of absolute bullshit. Haven't gotten that far
  • Like 1

Know what's weird ??  You started a thread about your dream of putting 1/2 ton chevy axles under your 720 and i assumed you got a ration of shit ,, hence this thread...........

I see nothing but guys giving you help man .. With steering box choices and crunching tire size / gear ratio numbers in a attempt to help you out... So what gives ??

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/68288-putting-12-chevy-axels-under-my-81-datsun/

Was your dream to be talked out of swap

:confused:

• Like 5

People have been giving you suggestions, but you could get more support if you would reveal what you plan to do with this truck, i.e. strictly off-road, highway and off road, rock climber? It would also be nice to have an idea of your skills or available help, this will take a lot of mods to accomplish this.  Good luck, and don't give up

• Like 1

Assume it's about this... http://community.ratsun.net/topic/68288-putting-12-chevy-axels-under-my-81-datsun/

No one can tell you what to dream. Dreams are killed from not researching and overcoming problems first and then getting half way through and having to giving up. That's really bitter. Good research will allow you to discount many unproductive ideas or find a way around them. If someone puts a roadblock in your way navigate around it ,don't turn around and go home.

If you did enough research you would find the same problems with gearing. Larger diameter tires reduce gearing. This is great for high speed if you have the power to turn them, but terrible on a 4x4 that needs lots of torque at low speeds.To compensate for this the differential needs to be changed. To run 35" tires you will need a 5.67 differential to keep everything the same. If running a larger engine, this can be reduced some.

The Chev 4x4 will work.... but only because anything can be done (with enough money and effort) however it will still look and be a 720 on a chevy 4x4 axles with the tires sticking out over a foot on either side.  Just because the axles are available doesn't necessarily make them the best choice. Toyota 4X4 or even better a Toyota Land cruiser have huge 9 1/2 diameter ring gears and around 60" wide. 

• Like 1

C-clip axles suck Chevy guys throw away 10bolts, from my jeep days I get wanting to do the solid axle swap. Just what is available isn't always the best thing to use. In both threads he started there was lots of help given just not the answers he wanted.

Look at it this way, a paid automotive designer thought this was a good design, so much so that Fiat put it into production.

2503857_f520.jpg

I doubt you grabbing a welder and doing work to hang 1/2 ton Chev axles under a 720 is all that much worse.

Although if I was going through that much effort I'd go with 1-ton axles, a Dana 60 front and a 14 bolt rear, and make it worth the time spent.

• Like 2

http://community.rat...r-my-81-datsun/

all I see here is helpful suggestions 

if you have killed your project in your mind before you even started then any and all suggestions are doomed from the beginning

GRAB YOUR BALLS AND GET BACK TO WORK  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

LETS SEE SOME PICS TOO  :thumbup:

• Like 2