replacement panels

Quickshift

I am purchasing another 720 this weekend (1980 standard cab 2wd) but its got some rust. i can weld and shape metal so it's not a big deal, but i was wondering where i can get replacement fenders, rockers, cab corners and door skins. The bed's a lost cause, but i'll be modifying it to fit wider wheels and tires so it's going to get fixed anyway.

eBay has some of this stuff, but it is eBay... Anyone know of anyplace that sells these preformed pieces?

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 720 is over 35 years old and not that popular to have a demand for many of those things. Taiwan, SE Asia may have re-pops but quality is crap even if you can afford them. Nebraska... probably doesn't have a lot of wrecking yards with 720s in them. Best thing is a non runner pats truck.

• Like 1

I've been searching for over six months just to find something that was this decent. yeah, it's a 700$ truck, but it's the first that wasn't outrageously expensive (3500 for a partially bagged project, no bed, no engine and no title, ridiculous) or 6-8 hours away.

• Like 1

If you're willing to pay shipping, I'm pretty sure folks can scare up some parts at local junkyards around the country.  There's usually a handful of 720s at yards around here in the bay area.

I usually search these two places:

Yards: row52.com

Pre-removed parts: car-part.com

You can see that there are bunches of them all over California.  Land of the unsalted roads and whatnot, I suppose...

http://row52.com/Search/?Year=1980-86&V1=&V2=&V3=&V4=&V5=&V6=&V7=&V8=&V9=&V10=&V11=&V12=&V13=&V14=&V15=&V16=&V17=&LocationId=0&ZipCode=&Distance=50&MakeId=193&ModelId=3774&Page=1&IsVin=false

• Like 1

Most junkyards around here don't allow you to use any kind of power tool to cut body parts off anymore so cab corners are going to be real tough.. 

If you are really serious about getting parts PM this guy,,   http://community.ratsun.net/user/37-tdaaj/

He is ALWAYS hunting for Datsun parts and he might cut some apart and ship....  He aint going to do it for free though, so if you're looking for some at that price ,, don't bother.

• Like 1