Pricing - 520 engine in crate with core!!!

Bizzyblue

I have an engine in crate which belonged to my dad. We had many datsuns growing up - but this one project never did get completed. I remember his beloved blue datsun and the many trips we had in it!! I'm posting to this group becuase i feel this engine would get a good home ftom someone on this list. The engine is in southern cali in the antelope valley. I'm also not really sure what it is worth... I have pics too. Not sure what the ptotocol on that is...

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All forums on Ratsun are for discussion and information sharing. Buying and selling are exclusive to the classifieds. There is a link top left of every page below the RATSUN.NET logo.

Yes it needs to be in an ad posted here... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/4-engine/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  but place some price on it or it will be closed. It's a good idea to provide pictures and as much info as possible and a rough location. Include what's so special about this engine? Used? rebuilt? Miles on it?

I have an engine in crate which belonged to my dad. We had many datsuns growing up - but this one project never did get completed. I'm posting to this group becuase i feel this engine would get a good home ftom someone on this list. The engine is in southern cali in the antelope valley.

It's for sale.

I'm also not really sure what it is worth...

A statement without a question mark. But can be can be taken as a query also.

Again, more info, documentation and pictures might help fix a price. Keep in mind this is a small market for a J13 engines. Anywhere from a $50 core to a few hundred? Need to know if 'engine in a crate' was bought new from the dealer, is a rebuilt 'crate engine' never installed, a low mileage wrecking yard 'used' engine or just home rebuilt, miles on it, does it run? More info, documentation and pictures might raise the price a bit. If someone really needed one for their 520 it might be cheaper than the $700-$800 in machining and parts.

Well. This is what i am trying to figure out. It appears that the engine was bought as a rebuilt or new from a company in the LA area. I have the warranty card - but no receipt. And i have a card that came with the engine that has a control number on it and J15 on it. The other engine is the engine my dad pulled out of his truck (which he was going to replace with the new? engine)..,,

• Like 1