Finally!!! A real Datsun!

Rhino13

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever I go see Al to pick up more of the small interior parts I'll see if he has an l18 crank other than the one in the complete motor. Diego said he's got l18 parts he'll be going through once he moves, could potentially be one there too.

The l20b block is really clean, so Hobo you should maybe use this block for your big bore and use the block you have as a table :)

I may be getting a welder for Christmas, depending on what my girlfriend decides on, and if so my floors will be my first project. If not, I happened to meet a non Ratsun guy near me with a 620 and he builds custom cars for a living, so he said he'd help me out no problem. Going to try and clean it out so I know "what I'm working with" (zing) a bit more in depth.

• Like 2

That crank is crazy! Get the man another crank Hobo! Haha

Alright more pictures, what's left of the parcel tray

IMG_20151219_094532522_HDR_zps4tpijynp.j

Little blurry but a fuse cover, does this go to the truck? I have two under hood fuse blocks

IMG_20151219_094601110_zpsta1c6m6b.jpg

Did these speakers come stock? I noticed the Hitachi and figured they were an option

IMG_20151219_094612214_HDR_zpsjkrhw9ks.j

It's in great shape, the membrane doesn't have any tears or holes

IMG_20151219_094622085_HDR_zps0vm5t0xe.j

One of the fuse blocks, the one original to the truck is in horrible shape so I'll either fix this one up or find another

IMG_20151219_094630580_zpsjixaxziz.jpg

And a gun rack, I'm pretty certain the other side is in the bed but I fully intend to keep that and put some bb guns on there

IMG_20151219_093821193_HDR_zps65xhvcxl.j

• Like 4

If you haven't put one in your truck by the time this thing is going I'll throw a sword on there for ya haha

Speaking of when it's going, I have plans to take the cab and bed off eventually and undercoat them as well as the frame. I plan on getting the motor going sooner though and want to try and get this thing to Canby in whatever state it's in as long as I have power, brakes, and good tires.

• Like 1

If you haven't put one in your truck by the time this thing is going I'll throw a sword on there for ya haha

Speaking of when it's going, I have plans to take the cab and bed off eventually and undercoat them as well as the frame. I plan on getting the motor going sooner though and want to try and get this thing to Canby in whatever state it's in as long as I have power, brakes, and good tires.

This time last year Jess and Al started working on the Canby truck..   You can do it!!

• Like 3

This time last year Jess and Al started working on the Canby truck.. You can do it!!

It won't be anywhere near the Canby truck, but I'm hoping it'll be running and safe enough to drive! It still has seatbelts so I'll be fine... Haha

• Like 2

Just keep your goals focused on getting it safe and moving.. and you'll get there! 

I'm the king of... "while your in there" stuff. Something simple takes way too long because of all the other stuff you're doing while you have it torn down.

• Like 1

Well I'm going to shoot for early January to pick up the z22 block, so that will go to the machine shop pretty much right away. If I get a welder I plan on doing the floor pans as my first project, but once I move it around to the back of my house by my shop I plan on disassembling a bunch of stuff, mostly to clean up, but also so the nice parts don't get messed up while doing other work. I have a heater to rebuild, I want to do work on the dash, clean up the gauge cluster, find seats, and make a list of everything I'll need to make it to Canby!

• Like 1

I hope to have the floors done before May, but thank you for the offer Charlie! Deepening on what's on you truck and where I'm at with parts, I may be interested in getting some things.

• Like 1