Fools Gold! 1972 4dr 510

Dream510

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen him a couple times! I've talked to him while driving on the road. On Friday I saw a matte green wagon with a techno toy sticker on the rear window. I talked to another dude with a green wagon with libres. And another time I was warming my car up after work and this guy named kelvin dietz stopped by and talked to him for a little while.

• Like 1

Over by Westmoreland there's always a stock blue 620 and a stock teal 710 wagon, and downtown I see an old lady with a really clean blue 521. There's also a guy with a blue 521 that looks like skyblues, I'm pretty sure his name is Jake.

On Friday night I took rhino13 over to my dads shop to check the 68' out. Soon after, I had trouble starting my car and eventually found out it was my starter after rhino13 started hitting the starter.

Got a starter from autozone and dropped it right in. Out with the old one

B8A0ED1F-A7D1-4119-B6A2-99648AC73DD8_zps

New one in

0A5A75EA-4E61-4202-9813-67BAFCDAA873_zps

• Like 3

always rebuild nissan OE starters and alternators, you wont regret it.

but you might regret that cheapo starter  

they were designed to be rebuilt, notice the bolts/screws that hold the solenoid in vs the cheap one that is crimped, i had an issues with the cheap solenoid spinning and shorting out on multiple starters, finally put a old nissan one back in and never had a problem again  

did you throw it away or swap for a core?

• Like 2

I'd take your 69, (late 68) to a AAA field office, find a nice person like I did, and they'll help you get around all the fees and with a bill of sale/transfer of title.

DO NOT go to DMV to get a stuck up employee and they'll throw your car in the system with overdrawn fees etc..

Just saying out of my own experiences, maybe cause I registered mine as out of state in CA

• Like 1

On Friday night I took rhino13 over to my dads shop to check the 68' out. Soon after, I had trouble starting my car and eventually found out it was my starter after rhino13 started hitting the starter.

Got a starter from autozone and dropped it right in. Out with the old one

B8A0ED1F-A7D1-4119-B6A2-99648AC73DD8_zps

New one in

0A5A75EA-4E61-4202-9813-67BAFCDAA873_zps

Get used to swapping those "lifetime warranty" starters out, I too have one from autozone and have replaced several

• Like 3

That starter wasn't stock to the car,, it might have been one in a box in the trunk along with a couple others when i pulled the thing outta the shed it was in .. As i haven't been into 510s very long but i have had piles of Datsun L-motor parts for my brothers truck for ,,,, well,,  forever.  So it possible it aint one of those either.

always rebuild nissan OE starters and alternators, you wont regret it.

but you might regret that cheapo starter  

they were designed to be rebuilt, notice the bolts/screws that hold the solenoid in vs the cheap one that is crimped, i had an issues with the cheap solenoid spinning and shorting out on multiple starters, finally put a old nissan one back in and never had a problem again  

did you throw it away or swap for a core?

see box?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Others i found in trunk

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I've seen him a couple times! I've talked to him while driving on the road. On Friday I saw a matte green wagon with a techno toy sticker on the rear window. I talked to another dude with a green wagon with libres. And another time I was warming my car up after work and this guy named kelvin dietz stopped by and talked to him for a little while.

I bought some bump steer spacers way way back from Kelvin Diatz. Glad to see your gonna keep the 68 whole.

• Like 1