Shank lug nuts as normal lug nuts?

DatMo

So I happened to be looking around on the interwebs and I found a car awhile ago that was using shank style lug nuts on normal styled wheels.

I have a new set of shanks that are super nice and etc so I was wondering if I could use them on a set of diamond steelies?

Otherwise, I'll use my ugly normal ones. lol

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might want to check with Diamond about lug nuts.  Race-type steel wheels often use a "NASCAR" style lug nut with a 45 degree seat angle, not the usual 60 degree angle of most newer aluminum wheels. 

In addition to being incorrect for the application and likely to loosen, using mag/ shank style nuts may not center the wheel correctly on the hub potentially causing vibration at the least.

I would use the proper lug nuts, shank style nuts are missing the taper on the bottom to properly tighten the wheels. They could easily come loose and oblong the holes in the wheels.  EZaccesories,com has lug nuts cheap and fast delivery

I would have 'liked' your post Rick, but I know how much you hate ass kissers. Ass kissing ass(ide) I agree with you on the above.

• Like 1