SU cable linkage

red13

I looked around and saw different mods people have done, but they seemed a little crazy. So with Mike klotz help.  He showed me a bolt and I modified it by simply grinding flat spots and sliding a stock hitachi cable holder on it, then drill a hole for the retaining screw.  Cost me around $12 for the set up.  http://www.mcmaster.com/#92981a308/=104naaa

12309922_921053351263468_257762773909651

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I put mine at the other end, that way I could use the screws on the post to mount my throttle cable holder.

DSCN0391.JPG

I made my end from a pulley off of a hangglider.

DSCN0392.JPG

The other end.

DSCN0394.JPG

My throttle cable mount is made from a piece of 90 degree angled piece of metal that I twisted, it has been working great for 20 years now.

DSCN0395.JPG

The mount screws for the cable holder.

DSCN0398.JPG

• Like 1

My throttle cable mount is basically almost straight up, at least an inch away from the dome.

I used a 510 air box filter, but I hacked it up to make it fit, one could just make 2 flat pieces of metal to fit the SUs and put a filter between them.

I saw a glimps of your setup,but wasnt sure of the brackeg. To me the SU dome is in the way. Ill be connecting mine off my cold air intake setup. I heard the stock airbox is a tight squezz