1973 620 KA24DE build

Volition73

Overnight parts from Thailand! (I ordered these 3 days ago and was told to expect them between 30-70 days..I'm impressed!)

5Wav456.jpg

UIRYa3m.jpg

acYNgM7.jpg

Gotta love the extras in the box!

NELDpiz.jpg

Got the L28 tore down, looks ok to my eye...let's see what the machinist says..

ErGGXxU.jpg

Edited by Volition73
  • Like 2
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Draker said:

how much for the repop bumpers?

$120 shipped, they seem decent and came with the rubber buttons, granted they won't do anything for a crash but I like the look and hopefully it'll keep me front a ticket if a cop knows I wasn't running a bumper without these..

12 hours ago, SONOFK-E said:

just letting u know my pops dose aftermarket brake setups for 620 hit him up see what he ca help with

I appreciate the info, I have everything for the brakes, I just need to sort out the rotor situation. Can he make custom rotors?

• Like 1

Got more done today, took 3 engines to the machine shop, picked up some metal (think I got enough?) and dropped the 620's old eng/trans to a fellow datsun guy. Got the dash out today and got a hold of a local fabricator who will help some metal stuff I can't do (run some beads on my soon to be floor pans and I'm gonna cut my cab mounts out and have him make some replicas I can just weld in with my new pans...)

wGBaa5J.jpg

pHYLhoW.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2020 at 12:48 PM, Volition73 said:

$120 shipped, they seem decent and came with the rubber buttons, granted they won't do anything for a crash but I like the look and hopefully it'll keep me front a ticket if a cop knows I wasn't running a bumper without these..

I appreciate the info, I have everything for the brakes, I just need to sort out the rotor situation. Can he make custom rotors?

Give him a call he might be able to

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2020 at 9:58 PM, Volition73 said:

Overnight parts from Thailand!

I had a similar experience ordering new tail light mounts - parts were at my door in 2 days and I was only charged a couple of bucks - I was expecting them to come via slow boat...

• 1 month later...

Back at it...

Got the steering assembly out and managed to get all of the cab mounts out too. Tomorrow I'll start making a dolly to make it easier to move the cab around. I'll get to work on mocking up the frame for all of the suspension components and while I wait for parts (and funds lol) to get the suspension done I'll start in on the surgery...I'd appreciate any tips or similar repairs in the following pictures...Hope everyone is well as this covid situation continues...

fIlJ1k9.jpgfIlJ1k9.jpg

O7BmVMT.jpg

niSiifG.jpg

xLCTF1D.jpg

iFpXphT.jpg

The windshield is the area I'm most worried about...

KQRBahU.jpg

zRG487X.jpg

Both hood hinges are shot...

gQWWiOL.jpg

xo8Nhev.jpg

Glad I was able to get some new ones...

WWDdF2L.jpg

Edited by Volition73
  • Like 2

I still attacked it with a wire wheel on my angle grinder after (many wheels used up) as I checked it close for cracks etc. and I was planning to paint the frame. Only found 1 rust hole, in the front gas tank mount.

It's so much nicer to work on a clean/bare frame than on a pile of rust. Everything just bolts up easier