Suggestion: "Seats" or "Interior" Sub-Forum in various Model Forums

Truck people in particular are trying everything under the sun as far as seat swaps are concerned.

I'm particularly interested 620 swaps, but I know 521 guys are too and I'm sure there are others.

There are many 620 threads about bench and bucket swaps out there, and I've real a majority of them. 

The latest title search for "Seat" brings back one thread in 2013 and one in 2011.  There are many more older ones.

I'm interested in the latest experience people are having and am hesitant to start yet another seat thread.

Of course, Seats or Interiors is just one component.

Would it be feasible to have full component sets of sub-forums under each model?

Or maybe there could be a Special Interest category?

Lots to consider.

Just a suggestion...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If there aren't more recent posts than what you're finding, doubtful that creating a new sub-category will somehow be the catalyst that causes people to suddenly post new info.

Sometimes, it just takes some elbow grease with trial and error on the part of the owner of the project to get the desired outcome.

Ive found with information management/document management systems ive used and setup at work, the more layers you have in an information categorisation heirachy, the more confusing things become.

When you throw poor titles/naming conventions into the mix, things become more problematic.

Just ask DM his thoughts on thread titles and you'll get my point.

It's a line ball call whether to start a new thread, or persist searching (which personally I hate doing) to try and find the information you need.

As far as special interests, RW has a few of those though I dont think they are suitable for posting on Ratsun :)

Above is my two cents worth.

What about a sub forum for all your posts? Like a build thread type thing. ;)

Hey, they don't do it that way on facebook..   And hell if he can somehow churn out 4 more threads by the 28th of this month he will have one a week for the year..

FTW(?)

• Like 1

Let's see, about 10 hours a week times 1.5 years is over 500 hours, so about every 10 hours of work, I run into problem that I need help with.

But seriously? A stripped 74?  :excl:  If I knew beforehand the 74 was a unique bastard year, I would have never bot this basket case without the basket!

But, it caused me to lose 60#, and has probably added about 1.5 years to my life.  (Hummm.... I hope I enjoyed those years since they were a freebie.)

I would be NOWHERE without THIS WEBSITE and JERSEY.

Oh, and my thread production is going to grind to a halt :thumbup:  since I'm pretty much done except for a seat.  And my OCD approach to un-molesting this 620 precludes me drilling any hole where there shouldn't be one.  So find other seats is a real issue for me.  Also, I have 2 side mirrors that I'm agonizing over where they are worthy enough to use to drill holes in the doors (which have no mirror holes.)

Step 1: Find a seat you like.

Step 2: Buy it.

Step 3: Stick it in the cab of whatever vehicle you desire.

Step 4: Weld some brackets, make that bitch fit!

Sub-forum complete.

This^^^. I have always kept factory rails with brackets to adapt to the holes in the seats. If you have to, make a bracket that goes from the mounts on floor to a set of sliders on the seat.

Pretty much all year 620 body/interior parts will interchange. No one will know you have a '77 seat in it and if you find a '74 seat, they won't know that either. This is a fact of life, that owning a vintage vehicle, you sometimes have to make a part or make another part fit from another year/vehicle or you may never get to drive it. Short of a leather split bucket seat from a '76 Cordoba just about any other good looking, good fitting, and best of all comfy, seat is fine.