Crown Victoria

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a plan for the motor.....There will not be a ford motor in it ( later on ) now the theory is if i subtract 4 cylinders and turbo it,, Remember the key is to get 350hp ..the 4.6 internals are weak, i can swap a 5.4, but i will get 250hp with a lot of TQ,.. Now i like to rebuild motors start fresh.... and the budget oh heads and gaskets and apr studs, then a 350 to 500 tune...Now that $3,910 left  to spend and i cant do suspension  and wheels... ( i need some wheels ).....So i have a motor in my Datsun ( that stays ) but i have a spare motor with cams, and springs and the crank can hold 1,000hp so get some pistons and rods and a tune ( right? ) So you know where i am going..... going to do some math and numbers later and post a vid up...Once i get the facts in order...for now have to get the front end worked on.....and shave some pounds off the car, but not make it too ratish i have the Datsun for that......

Crown Victoria weights around 4000lbs around also  a Q45  1st Gen.................. 4.6 with trans weights around 520lbs  My selected 4 bagger said to weights around 461lbs i know, but i can make more power cheaper thus the point....Now this may change if i find a deal but i dont think i am changing cause i am curious how slow it would be or fast, but more on the slow side...

I have a plan for the motor.....There will not be a ford motor in it ( later on ) now the theory is if i subtract 4 cylinders and turbo it,, Remember the key is to get 350hp ..the 4.6 internals are weak, i can swap a 5.4, but i will get 250hp with a lot of TQ,.. Now i like to rebuild motors start fresh.... and the budget oh heads and gaskets and apr studs, then a 350 to 500 tune...Now that $3,910 left  to spend and i cant do suspension  and wheels... ( i need some wheels ).....So i have a motor in my Datsun ( that stays ) but i have a spare motor with cams, and springs and the crank can hold 1,000hp so get some pistons and rods and a tune ( right? ) So you know where i am going..... going to do some math and numbers later and post a vid up...Once i get the facts in order...for now have to get the front end worked on.....and shave some pounds off the car, but not make it too ratish i have the Datsun for that......

Crown Victoria weights around 4000lbs around also  a Q45  1st Gen.................. 4.6 with trans weights around 520lbs  My selected 4 bagger said to weights around 461lbs i know, but i can make more power cheaper thus the point....Now this may change if i find a deal but i dont think i am changing cause i am curious how slow it would be or fast, but more on the slow side...

Four thousand pounds? Four cylinder? Hopefully a large displacement SC or turbo diesel with stump pulling torque. Can't see that being cheaper to make than a gas engine. A gas engine won't make enough torque to move that road barge. You need displacement and torque at low RPMs.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...