Holy motherf*cking wind, Batman.

HRH

Rained last night which turned to ice and our first 5cm (2") of snow this year followed by 90km/h (55ish) winds today, and my cube trucks ass end was pushed towards the ditch putting me in an unwanted power slide 4 times while I drove about 15 km on the hiway today.

Gotta love not needed the gas pedal to drift! Saves on tires but you don't get the smoke show lol

• Like 1
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a bit of damage from the wind. One apple tree disintegrated.  The cellar door blew off and the cellar partially flooded.  None of the cars got damaged but the big problem is my storage barn suffered irreversable (or at least too expensive to fix) structural damage.  It's still standing but the back wall settled almost 18 inches, buckled the side framing, and the side wall and roof are badly bowed.  One ice storm or a moderate snow will probably collapse the east roof.  The bad part is, that's where I'm hiding 6 cars.  So it looks like I really need to sell off quite a few before they get flattened, because I can't keep them outside.  Already too many under tarps as it is.

Yeah, getting crushed by a tree is not a joking matter. That wind was so fierce, you could have been driving and it would have just toppled something over onto you.  A 70 year old lady died on 904 just outside Cheney.  I drove by the night this happened, heading home.  Looked like a Toyota Sequoia with a roof just smashed, like a rollover, but not a rollover.  Sad, what a shitty way to go out.

Here are the pictures of my place.  Borrowed Dad's small chainsaw tonight, wish I would have grabbed the big one.  I think the small one's chain is dull too.

windstorm1_zpscjzwpn6d.jpg

windstorm4_zpsrmprx2ak.jpg

windstorm2_zps4iwsu6jh.jpg

windstorm3_zpsz5fzbvrn.jpg

windstorm5_zpsebh2jhuj.jpg

windstorm6_zpsm1472ejm.jpg

windstorm7_zpsh3fb1x5t.jpg

windstorm8_zps0accvgld.jpg

windstorm9_zpsgvtav4cv.jpg

All of Spokane looks like this pretty much.  Lots of places still without power.  But the good ol' ghetto has power!  :)  I definitely feel fortunate.  Lots of people had trees lawn-darting into their houses.

• Like 1

Take some pictures of that and post em up. Might be something you could limp along with some new wood or beams?

It's a 2500 sqft wooden barn built in 1918.  Almost 30 feet tall at the peak.  Wood foundation rotted away decades ago.  Most of the framing members don't even touch the ground.  Not sure how to brace it.  Probably can brace the east wall. It has a concrete floor.  But have to get the cars out first, only the 720 starts for sure, the A10 might, but it's been 4 years.

I'd take pics but my internet access is spotty (was supposed to get connected Wed. but the cable is out in the neighborhood.).

12241560_10203827461925237_7215798224692

check out what happened a couple houses down from me. before it was just lowered, now it's full on slammed  :rofl:

there were 2 other cars smashed just down the street too. there are loads of people that still don't have power, just a couple blocks away. and it's supposed to hit 20 degrees tonight... brutal.

I had a bit of damage from the wind. One apple tree disintegrated.  The cellar door blew off and the cellar partially flooded.  None of the cars got damaged but the big problem is my storage barn suffered irreversable (or at least too expensive to fix) structural damage.  It's still standing but the back wall settled almost 18 inches, buckled the side framing, and the side wall and roof are badly bowed.  One ice storm or a moderate snow will probably collapse the east roof.  The bad part is, that's where I'm hiding 6 cars.  So it looks like I really need to sell off quite a few before they get flattened, because I can't keep them outside.  Already too many under tarps as it is.

91QkwVc.gif