Holy motherf*cking wind, Batman.

HRH

So it's a good thing I cut down the chestnut tree this summer.  It would have definitely been in the house.  The pine on the corner of my property uprooted today.  Found it up against my sliding windows.  Knocked the gutters off the house on that side but seems to have done relatively little damage.  My two carports fared less well though.  They went airborne, up and over the garage, landing in the alley.  I have a concrete block as an anchor on the edge of my garage roof, interestingly.  What's even more lucky is the Datsun gods were smiling on me.

I forgot my wallet of all things this morning and went back home to retrieve it.  It was blowing bad enough then and I figured I'd leave the truck under the carport and take the wagon instead.  So I had the wagon at work today and upon coming home and finding no carports, I scanned the truck (going to check again in the light) and so far haven't found a single scratch up the side from the carport lifting off with concrete blocks attached.  The right side mirror was dinked a little, but that's it.

Hope the rest of you guys in Spokane are doing ok and don't have trees where walls should be and vice versa.  Apparently the record gust was set today for 71 mph.

• Like 3
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I won't be coming through the tri cities, straight up 97 and taking the Toppenish cutoff to 82, eventually I'll get a chance to visit the flatcat crib ;)

Yeah,,,,,,,  that load of meth isn't going to deliver itself.

Hey just to distract the living shit out of you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, if you go on the west side of the river ,, i was told there is a Datsun hoard (with older 510s) somewhere between Sunnyslope and where your going.. My friend who works for a very specialized shipping company saw it but he was so tired, and it had been many months, and many miles,, he couldn't pin it down any better than that . We went looking for it last summer but couldn't find it.

No pressure

:rofl:

• Like 2

Yeah,,,,,,,  that load of meth isn't going to deliver itself.

Hey just to distract the living shit out of you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, if you go on the west side of the river ,, i was told there is a Datsun hoard (with older 510s) somewhere between Sunnyslope and where your going.. My friend who works for a very specialized shipping company saw it but he was so tired, and it had been many months, and many miles,, he couldn't pin it down any better than that . We went looking for it last summer but couldn't find it.

No pressure

:rofl:

Been driving thru that area for over a decade and never seen any datto hoard, might be on a side road possibly....I'll keep extra eyes out!

• Like 1

:angel:

that isn't a hoard that is just a couple.

FAT510002-15.jpg

FAT510005-8.jpg

FAT510006-6.jpg

FAT510004-10.jpg

i would say i took these when we were over there to watch Tumwater (winning) football pound Prosser in the playoffs,,, but they always crush eastern wa teams(?)  so that doesn't narrow it down much.

• Like 2