New cam in A12

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure how your engine is supposed to run upside down... Maybe he's Australian?

Eeeeerrrrhhhhhmmmmm (clears throat).

Please dont be giving away our horsepower secrets.

OP, I have for sale the title to Canada, a piece of the cross Jesus was nailed to, and the box Hillary Clintons virginity came in if you are interested in purchasing that as well?

Just sayin........................

• Like 2

I'm purchasing a beefier cam and headers this weekend. The dude said I have to flip the motor over to install it and run a header. Would this be true?

And also claimed that a side draft is bad news. Is this guy pulling my leg?

Flip the motor on an engine stand, YUP.  You cannot get the cam out if you don't.  The lifters install with the engine upside down. May as well get your lifters refurbished or buy new ones.  Two companies that I recommend for refurb:

http://www.americancustomcam.com/  CA and http://deltacam.com/  WA

• Like 1

I'm purchasing a beefier cam and header this weekend. The dude said I have to flip the motor over to install it and run a header. Would this be true?

Minor edit but plural is crucial. You running two A12's?

If you want power then throw some PSI into it or engine up...

Hahaha you guys kill me. Ok the upside down engine is needed to replace the cam. But it really I ain't worth the time. I will look into an A15.

The side draft but, well that didint sound right so wanted to get opinions. The guy I spoke with is a Datsun shop owner. But that doesn't mean he knows everything. I'm looking into a vg or sr swap. So far I have found that I'm still limited to 23" of space. Fire wall to core support .

No about Hillary's verginity ...... $?

Don't do a vg. for the weight, and power. they are a pig and not worth your time. You will find even an L series is a good upgrade for these.  KA is another good one, and SR.  Don't let anyone talk you down about a KA.  they are great motors.  155hp stock and fuel injected.  That's almost double what the A14 motor is and they don't weigh much.  That VG will weigh your car down and it will not be fun to drive anymore.

• Like 2

The dude said I have to flip the motor over to install it and run a header. Would this be true?

This wasn't the notorious "Bill's Datsun Shop"...was it?

How can a cam not install if not upside down????

Well from what I read, it has to do with lifters falling out of place.

Don't do a vg. for the weight, and power. they are a pig and not worth your time. You will find even an L series is a good upgrade for these.  KA is another good one, and SR.  Don't let anyone talk you down about a KA.  they are great motors.  155hp stock and fuel injected.  That's almost double what the A14 motor is and they don't weigh much.  That VG will weigh your car down and it will not be fun to drive anymore.

Well dang. I'm still in limbo with what direction to go with the motor situation.

I keep leaning toward the A15 , built and do my own fuel injection mod. That last one is not a for

Sure . I'd just really like a peppy motor that is reliable and upgraded

In a few areas. I'd like to start on the body work and making the drive comfortable but the motor I'm running

Calls for my attention a lot.

So the flange side makes the contact with the cam lobes and not turned to its side even, the can slip right out. Hummmm. Well it's all good.

I don't think an upgrade cam will do much for me any how. I'm gonna start looking at an A15 swap and befor that takes place, I'll build it up.