B210 Rollcall

B2Fresh

Here is the most current picture of my '77 HoneyBee.

Engine is currently out of it and is going to a machine shop to go through it and make it like new.

Hoping to have it up and running before Christmas.

c8d2cf15-546c-40d7-a69d-d26ce699e051_zps

Also, does anyone know where I can get the side stripes and bee decal? 

• Like 2
  • Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20151130_200414_zpscpptahbp.jpg

I think it is where the D Emblem goes...I havent been able to find any on Ebay or through using google, are they hard to come by?

I have one, but dont know if you are going to be able to install it.

It seems that the PO made that hole a lot bigger than what it was.

Quick question...Next to the window defroster switch and the fasten seat belt sign is a square hole on my dash. What is supposed to go there? Not sure what to search for or else I would have already.

the D emblem goes there ive got one

if you cant find one, look into 3d printing it. 

we have one at school if you can find a firm that provides the 3d printing services in your area they can design and print one for a reasonable price, or if you can borrow one have it scanned and printed for an exact replica, I'd like to help you but my school is still pushing to get a 3d scanner, if i get acces to one i'd be more than happy to help poeple get replicas that they can print out 

The D emblem is just a plug for where the clock goes. The clock is hard to find though, see second pic below far right.

However the D emblem is actually two piece, the insert, which is removable and the outer frame which is plastic welded on, that is what causes those little notches on the edge of the hole. It also looks like the little piece between the fasten seat belt light has been cutout too.

The D emblem insert.

B1D8F0E5-7B73-4FDA-BBCA-2AAD67587D8F_zps

The clock below on the far right.

36B19F27-2822-45B1-AB46-3F284AD3A3E6_zps

im just going to ask here:

since im working on my car now anyway

im considering doing a carb swap does anybody have some advice here? should i stick to a single carb or go duel sidedrafts? also whats the best choice for power to price ratio?

the car is currently stock and with the intake upgrade i'll want to change to a performance exhaust too. has anybody upgraded theirs? what did it cost? do you have a video? 

i don't want to go the ricer route here so no unnecessary fart cannons

the car is a stock rust free  (apart from a few surface spots) 1976 1,2l coupe with a manual 4 speed  

Always been a big fan of dual carbs but in the state I live in always screws things up to enjoy the goods things.

Unless your one has a car older than 1975.

fan of them too but not a fan of the price tag that comes with it. 

i dont think i would have too much problems here regarding emissions on a car approaching 40 years old but then again i live in the netherlands  

Hello-

My name is Emma, I live in Portland, OR and bought this '78 Datsun B210gx off of Craigslist, kind of on a whim and also fantasizing about a fuel efficient vehicle that I could use to learn about cars. It was running when I bought it (although poorly) - I really didn't know anything about cars going into this.

Ha- I was told I just needed to bleed the brakes but it was otherwise decent... well we've run into a lot of problems and it's been a slow learning process but very fun.

I'm still working on this project... I have run into wiring issues (which I have resolved) and currently I am rebuilding the carb which will probably get tested out tomorrow..

She also needs a new headlight switch (lights are sporadic, flash on and off if you can get it on at all..) maybe I can open that up that switch and clean the contact points? I replaced all the fuses..

Also seems the fuel gauge does not work at all.. I haven't started thinking about that one yet .. :)

sqrrOxR.jpg

k48xcMn.jpg

rtJrOsm.jpg

• Like 4

welcome emma 

what direction do you want to take this car in. restoration, cheap runabout, restromod, race build or just seeing where the hobby takes you? 

also you mentioned that you were looking for a fuel efficient car to work on. are you looking at building a hyper miler? burn as little gas as possible to get where you need to 

nice car