B210 Rollcall

B2Fresh

i've recently switched over  to an momo 350mm steering wheel (bought the boss kit from HKBsports in japan) an i need to buy a classic bucket seat which im going to bolt directly to the floor. the new steering wheel allows me to shift into 1st gear but i'm still not comfortable.  im 203cm for reference you? 

im currently not driving it as im doing some restoration work on it  (and getting my license)

im adding a repro classic bucket seat and removing the rails bolting it directly to the floor, my head hits the roof in its current form

I indeed did get my B210 from San diego. I overpaid by a good bit, I learned afterwards haha. Overheated badly the whole way home. I have gotten it into daily driver condition quickly, it is a super fun car although my terrible looking but superbly running B12 sentra drives like a rocketship compared to it haha. B2fresh, your B looks sweet! I love the original paint and those wheels are killer. I'm looking for some 0 offset 14 or 15. I really like the Watanabe 8 spoke look.

Man, All of your B210s look so nice! I'm envious.

I'm also tall, and barely squeeze in. I want to figure out a seat option as well, the stock ones are awful, and it looks like I have the catalyst hump. What car did your seats come from Dguy210?

I swear something says you have to be a tall or big guy just to own a B210. Seats are out of a late 70's Porsche, they're the common tombstone seats that Porsche used for quite a while. Very comfortable but a bit hot in summer. I'm 6'1" and my wife is 6' so I actually built a metal spacer and spaced the seats back a few inches to give more room for us. Back of the front seat to the front edge of the back seat almost touches at the full pushed back position. I then the tilt the seat way back so my head clears. I used the B210 seat rails and mounted my spacer and then the seats to that, the tombstone seats are a bit wider but completely flat on the bottom so easy ones to retrofit. I've got more details in my build thread. Just use the stock rails, especially with the cat hump and you can put almost anything you want in that will physically fit. MR2 seats are really nice, I've got a set to go into my B110 which uses the same rails (aside from the Cat B210).

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do! I have a 75 coupe, 4 speed. Just got it in July. It has redone interior and paint, though they both are better from a few feet back, haha. Engine is stock, except previous owners removed most of the emissions equipment. :/

Runs pretty decent, needs a non fart can exhaust though. I like a nice side exit.

Have 280zx struts for it, just need new wheels.

280zx struts are a nice swap, stop much nicer and no brake fade down a hill. Only thing I noticed aside from better stopping was a bit more travel on the pedal (stock master) which is to be expected. Pretty easy swap and you can do it with no welding if you want, drops the front nicely too (will need to be realigned though). Only thing different I would do on mine is to pickup the bump steer spacers earlier, as it did increase the tendency to track with road grooves a bit, but that is really minor.

Green280z

Yeah "iskisenna" would you mind posting some or a picture of your B210 for us all to check out and also do a quick wright up of your ride. If you don't mind.? We want to know all the B210 owners and what there B210 look like either project or daily rider or custom.
Thanks

and B2fresh

Will do but she's at the paintshop now. Longass queue for a small shop.

As soon as that paint dries she's on this.

@mees I am 185cm, a runt to you Dutch, but still i cant sit straight.

• Like 1

I swear something says you have to be a tall or big guy just to own a B210. Seats are out of a late 70's Porsche, they're the common tombstone seats that Porsche used for quite a while. Very comfortable but a bit hot in summer. I'm 6'1" and my wife is 6' so I actually built a metal spacer and spaced the seats back a few inches to give more room for us. Back of the front seat to the front edge of the back seat almost touches at the full pushed back position. I then the tilt the seat way back so my head clears. I used the B210 seat rails and mounted my spacer and then the seats to that, the tombstone seats are a bit wider but completely flat on the bottom so easy ones to retrofit. I've got more details in my build thread. Just use the stock rails, especially with the cat hump and you can put almost anything you want in that will physically fit. MR2 seats are really nice, I've got a set to go into my B110 which uses the same rails (aside from the Cat B210).

ive played around withe idea of adding spacers, but im ive decided to either make my own seat mounts or buy em if i can find the right ones, but iw ill be buying a reproduction bucket seat as i need to be sitting solid for track days (and the odd rally) its not going to be a daily driver just a hobby car so i dont mind if its harder to get in and out of it (its a struggle now anyway) 

http://www.cobraseats.com/Downloads/Cobra%20Historic/Classic%20RS.jpg this what i want to fit :) 

Green280z

and B2fresh

Will do but she's at the paintshop now. Longass queue for a small shop.

As soon as that paint dries she's on this.

@mees I am 185cm, a runt to you Dutch, but still i cant sit straight.

thats odd the previous owner was 186cm and he was comfortable in the stock setup..... maybe the dutch 120y had larger rails than the asian market 120Y?

• Like 1

This is my '78 B210 with a stock A14 and 4-speed manul that I got back in January. It looks rough, but I am only the second owner and it runs great. I drove it from North Carolina to Nebraska without any issues other than some oil leaking.

22416079857_2c7358a183_c.jpg

22820908572_945953fdc4_c.jpg

22211712444_389a4daba6_c.jpg

• Like 2

This is my '78 B210 with a stock A14 and 4-speed manul that I got back in January. It looks rough, but I am only the second owner and it runs great. I drove it from North Carolina to Nebraska without any issues other than some oil leaking.22416079857_2c7358a183_c.jpg22820908572_945953fdc4_c.jpg

Have to start somewhere and that's a good start. Just TLC my friend..

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

B2Fresh- The car does have black and blue interior. Thats crazy you lived so close. Unfortunately I can say the guy withheld some information about the cars shape, i.e. he was a damn liar. Learned a couple lessons there. It's fun though, and the fun outweighs the regret haha. 

Thatdirtykid- The car is stock as I got it. The previous owner says the suspension was just redone and it feels pretty good for a 40 year old car. Also, nice car! Love the mirrors, wheels and front lip. Whats the lip from?

Dguy210, do you have a link to your build thread please?

and Sierra, That car is gorgeous. 5 speed, tach, clock, and ac? That's ridiculous. Also, your wheels are sure pretty. Love that car.

B2Fresh- The car does have black and blue interior. Thats crazy you lived so close. Unfortunately I can say the guy withheld some information about the cars shape, i.e. he was a damn liar. Learned a couple lessons there. It's fun though, and the fun outweighs the regret haha. 

Thatdirtykid- The car is stock as I got it. The previous owner says the suspension was just redone and it feels pretty good for a 40 year old car. Also, nice car! Love the mirrors, wheels and front lip. Whats the lip from?

Dguy210, do you have a link to your build thread please?

and Sierra, That car is gorgeous. 5 speed, tach, clock, and ac? That's ridiculous. Also, your wheels are sure pretty. Love that car.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/23374-story-time-my-1974-b210-4dr-now-no-longer-a-ka24e-swap/

Hey OmahaJames!

What kind of stereo you have there?

Looks pretty new.

Can yo share the brand and model?

Thanks in advance.

This is my '78 B210 with a stock A14 and 4-speed manul that I got back in January. It looks rough, but I am only the second owner and it runs great. I drove it from North Carolina to Nebraska without any issues other than some oil leaking.

22416079857_2c7358a183_c.jpg

22820908572_945953fdc4_c.jpg

Hahah... I am embarrassed to say I already read your build thread a bit ago, didn't realize it was the same car!  :geek:

I thought it might be a golf lip. Looking over your thread again I see you have one as well. I seem to remember finding a website that sold one a while back, I should definitely check that out. Looks good.

• Like 1