B210 Rollcall

B2Fresh

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

สวัสดีครับ

New board member and new Datsun owner here, I picked up a 78 (?)  120Y Sunny GL a couple weeks ago.  I am not 100% sure on the year because the car was first registered in 2003 and a mistake could have been made when printing the registration book. I believe the car was imported from Japan or Australia in 2003.  One of the PO had been building this as a track car give me a good base of mods to start with.  A friend of mine bought it about 2 years ago as a replacement for his toyota he crashed on the track but hadn't done anything with it in that time.  I put in a new battery and a few liters of fresh fuel, didn't take long to start up but That is when I found out I needed a new slave cylinder. Got it running for the most part now, needs some new tires, belts, and a couple gaskets and damn is it fast! 

As you can see it still needs lots of work.  I will post a few more pics in the project section and update progress as it happens.

002.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

015.jpg

012.jpg

• Like 4

what the story on the trim, why do some car have them? was it factory or dealership install?

IMG_20160330_180348_zps8f5vrngq.jpg

The guy I bought my 280zx rims for actually worked for a dealership back when these were being sold (he was a kid) and told me that he actually installed all those trim options on the B210's as part of his job.  It was a dealer option and to be honest I think it's fugly lol  

When i get my paint touched up I'm having all of it removed!

• Like 1

สวัสดีครับ

New board member and new Datsun owner here, I picked up a 78 (?)  120Y Sunny GL a couple weeks ago.  I am not 100% sure on the year because the car was first registered in 2003 and a mistake could have been made when printing the registration book. I believe the car was imported from Japan or Australia in 2003.  One of the PO had been building this as a track car give me a good base of mods to start with.  A friend of mine bought it about 2 years ago as a replacement for his toyota he crashed on the track but hadn't done anything with it in that time.  I put in a new battery and a few liters of fresh fuel, didn't take long to start up but That is when I found out I needed a new slave cylinder. Got it running for the most part now, needs some new tires, belts, and a couple gaskets and damn is it fast! 

As you can see it still needs lots of work.  I will post a few more pics in the project section and update progress as it happens.

002.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

015.jpg

012.jpg

Wow that thing is pretty impressive.

สวัสดีครับ

002.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

015.jpg

012.jpg

Wowwwwwww~

Incredible…please post more! (following your build thread)

That would worry me.

I would have it checked to see if maybe the thermostat is not going bad and have the radiator and water pump checked while there at it..

Better to have it checked than be stuck on the side of the road..

@ nuthinbutabthang, do you have a radiator shroud? When I got mine 78 B210 came with out one and it was running that hot. Once, I installed the shroud the temperature lower significantly.

Is there an aftermarket one that'll work?  or did you just happen to find an original?

If you're worried look for an automatic 210 with ac radiator. Huge and a direct bolt in and came stock with shroud. But really that temp on a stock b is within spec per the manual and my experience.