B210 Rollcall

B2Fresh

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No pic unfortunately, but I was excited as hell to see a white B210 coupe with a roofrack the other day whilst driving about!

Only wish I had been in my B! I was in my work van, a 71 VW bus B)

First time I saw another in the wild.

• Like 1

Wow...

Donno why I've never seen this thread before now...  anyways.   

here's my baby girl Liz...  Enjoy!

The day I bought her!

20150516_145613.jpg

And two more recent pictures (just a few days ago)

20151219_122330.jpg

20151219_122343.jpg

Nice looking mordoor. Any plans for it.?

Lowering, wheels or anything that you can share with us.?

Nice looking mordoor. Any plans for it.?

Lowering, wheels or anything that you can share with us.?

Soooooo many plans  :rofl:

i kind of got screwed over with some 5 slot mags i bought when i first got the car, turns out they were so warped the tire place wouldn't put them on my car.  Told me to recycle them.

So i'm still looking, I have my eyes on a few sets that I'm considering.  After D-mike helped school me on the whole size/offset/backspacing thing i at least know what to look for now.  And i'm being very picky about it this time... cause, well... getting jacked a $100 kinda makes you rethink stuff.

As far as the rest of it, there's a link to my build log in my sig.  

Got stumped today car has been sitting for a about a year replaced distributor fuel pump and carb now car will not start and there is no fuel coming up to pump or carb ? Any ideas distributor is working there's spark and pump is brand new

When you pull off the fuel filter does the fuel pour out of the tube? If not, it might be a blockage in the line. Pull off the gas cap and blow air down the line. Is the fuel filter new? If in doubt replace they are only $3-4. If you put some gas in the carb will it start? If you have fuel to the pump but not past it then it is the fuel pump. 

There is no gas coming out when I take off fuel filter which I replaced too . I used a siphon pump to see if fuel would come and it does but then does not it does not maintain flow. I tried starter fluid and nothing could it be something in tank?

Assuming there was fuel in the tank, gas should flow out of the line freely. Sounds like the problem is a partially plugged fuel line, usually crap in the tank. Temporarily you can run a gas line to a fuel can and then to your fuel pump to test the engine.

A siphon pump won't help that much you want to blow back up the line to push out the blockage. You can use a piece of new rubber fuel attached to the metal line and using your mouth blow back through the fuel line. Better if you have an air pump or compressed air to blow it out, pull the gas cap first though.

Ill try to find blockage in the lines man I was hoping this didn't happen poor car just wants to run and be on the road .is there anything mechanical in the tank that might be keeping the fuel from flowing correctly ?

Nothing mechanical in the tank that will cause a blockage, but rust and crud is super common. At the back of the car between the hard line and the tank will be a short piece of rubber fuel line (1/4), this can degrade and plug up the hard line sometimes. Either way you can pull it off and see if fuel comes out. If fuel comes out the blockage is in the hard line. If fuel doesn't come out the blockage is in the tank or rubber line. If fuel doesn't come out replace the rubber line and blow through into the tank, depending on the angle you might also be able to unblock it with a wire or something. Usually blowing it out will work wonders.

I strongly suggest you cut a new piece of rubber fuel line and have it in hand along with either a golf tee or a pair of hemostats, or at least a bolt or something to block the line. If original or just older the rubber line tends to break or have to be cut off to be changed and it really sucks if you are trying to do that while gas pours on you.