B210 Rollcall

B2Fresh

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming in late, first question, what led you to clearing out the lines and the fuel tank? What was the "B" doing?

You have a factory electronic ign by what you have described. Look at the box on the inside kick panel passenger side, does it plug in or have screws retaining the wires?

If your box plugs in you have the high energy system. If you have the screw type you have a system similar to Petronix...not high energy. When those boxes go out, the car will not start...even if you have spark. The plug-in or high energy is the same box that is used in the 620, Z's, 810's etc. Grab a box and give it a go.

If not the spark, did you check the screen at the carburetor entrance? It is where the rubber hose attaches to the carburetor. Are you able to see fuel in the sight glass now that it has been rebuilt? When looking down the throttle, can you see the fuel squirting when you rotate the throttle linkage? If you see both of those, put something over the carb to insure the jets are cleared (momentarily) also, crank it over while obstructing the carburetor throat and see if it starts (massive vacuum leak).

cosmonaut: i have the plug in harness type box on the p/s kick panel and yes i am getting fuel in the bowl and looking down the throttle. and the reason why i cleaned out the fuel lines/ gas tank was bad smelly gas and crap in lines/tank

the battery that was in car was almost 3 yrs old and had a dead cell and would not take a charge, luckily it was a walmart battery and still had warranty so i was able to get a new 1 without paying a dime for it

mhub91: i am getting fuel to the see thru fuel filter, fuel pump, and carb. plus i looked in manual to verify i do have lines hooked up correctly, but it could be a possibility and i won't know without looking at a another b210

• Like 1
so i replaced icm, still no start, but upon further investigation cuz valve cover was leaking and found out screws were loose i took off valve cover to see if what gasket i needed and to my surprise i found out 2 push rods were bent and was wondering why they got bent if car was running good in june, maybe someone sabotaged it when i took it to get brakes bleed at brakes plus cuz it did run worse when i went to pick it up or maybe something else maybe improper valve adjustment cuz the set screws are at different settings compared with each other . so now i may have to do a compression check to see if the valves are working properly

In my experience, this is most often due to over-revving it.

I have seen it happen due to a backfire, but that is maybe 10% of the time. 

over rev, mis aligned valves most common. i'd agree.... rare occurrence of a back fire

On a sidenote, kids like this irritate the living hell out of me. Claims it has a rebuilt engine and trans and now the new owner states it broke down days after purchasing it. Kid who owned it looked like some trailer trash tweaker lol. :poop:

LKByYrt.jpg

well guess what folks? did a compression check various readings, but me and exboss mechanic checked everything again and found out that someone did a incorrect valve adjustment, probably to compensate for push rod tubes that were going bad, so we reset the valve lash setting to cold specs according to manual and sticker under hood and boom fired right up and started, god im glad that it started and runs now another issue is no lights, maybe bad switch or fuse/relay

• Like 1

well guess what folks? did a compression check various readings, but me and exboss mechanic checked everything again and und out that someone did a incorrect valve adjustment, probably to compensate for push rod tubes that were going bad, so we reset the valve lash setting to cold specs according to manual and sticker under hood and boom fired right up and started, god im glad that it started and runs now another issue is no lights, maybe bad switch or fuse/relay

Glad to hear!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

well today i sold my b210 (karen) to a guy who has a notch/coupe and after we replaced the bad valve cover gasket he drove it to get gas before driving it home, we also uploaded the extra parts in my truck and he followed me to his house, got bill of sale and title notarized and removed my plates that i renewed in nov. and he will need to transfer in his name cuz 3rd party said it needed level1 inspection even though he said he was going to non-op it until he makes some modifications. so we was told he can get it transferred in his name w/o level 1 inspection if he goes thru mvd and just transfer in his name only and inform them it will be non-op

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Got the exhaust tolerable until I can get it into a shop. Finished getting the new carb set up other than installing a manual choke.

Now working on replacing the rotted out suspension bushings.

Little side question and I've tried doing a search and didn't come across much....are there any good and smallish seats that will fit in the 77 b210 with the catalytic converter hump or whatever that thing is? Was quoted over $1300 to get the original seats redone. That's more than I have in the entire car lol. I had some 280z seats in for a couple days but they were too wide for my taste.