Charlie69's 1985 720 King Cab ST Parts Truck

Charlie69

Thanks Mark.  The medical equipment will be on loan for free.  I can keep it up to 90 days.  so I will return it as soon as I can and go get it just before the second knee replacement.

All the parts came in from Rock Auto today.  It pisses me of when you order tie rods and ball joints and some come in with zerk fittings and some do not have them. But at least they are new and should last a good long time.

See you when you get here.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tom, Gene, and I worked on the ST today.  First we installed the windshield.  Getting the old one out was a pain.  The last glass company that installed it use Butyl sealer all the way around inside and out.  What a mess to scrape off.  Gene installed the AC condenser and the head lights.  He also helped Tom and I with the windshield install.  After Tom left Gene and I worked on the drive line, new U-joints and a new carrier bearing.

I picked up all the cleaning supplies, oils land lubricants.  went to install the new slave cylinder and it was wrong.  Picked up a new copper crush washer for the hydraulic line and the correct slave cylinder.  Gene and I installed the drive line and the slave and hydraulic hose.

Tomorrow we will tear apart the front end and while I put the front end together Gene will do the tune up.  after we finis that we will install the new clutch master and bleed the clutch.  We will hopefully get the Brakes bleed and working also.  I will probably install the new loaded calipers, rotors, and wheel bearings during the front end rebuild.  If the brakes work I will send the pars with Mark to do the rear bakes.

I will also be looking into getting the title from a third party MVD store.

Gene replaced the taillight pigtail and the tail lights.  He also replaced the front fender lights .  He installed the radiator and the fan shroud.  He will do the tune up tomorrow.

I chase small parts and hardware and then I tore the front suspension and steering apart.  I managed to get the drivers side ball joints installed and and the passenger side tore down.  I hate under coating, it really slows things down.  This is the old style hardening under coating.

I will work on it tomorrow evening.  I hope to finish the front end.

Gene picked up the rebuilt radiator today.

Gene worked on the truck today and got the center link changed and the strut rod bushings done.  I put the lower ball joint on the right side and the top ball joint is the wrong one so I will see what I can find local tomorrow. 

I will clean the hubs, repack the bearings as they are in great shape and install new seals and rotors.  The calipers are working fine so I will install new pads.  Hopefully be able to finish the front end work and get the alignment done on Friday.

I will add the flush and water to the radiator when I am ready to drive it to the alignment shop.  I will drive the truck all day Friday to check for any problems.

Mark will have to fix the bad muffler in Bullhead as I am running out of time and money.

Wednesday Gene and I will rebuild the rear brakes and bleed them and the clutch.

I went to a third party today and got a title for $17.  All I have to do know is when Mark comes down on Saturday is take him and the title to a third party MVD and transfer the title to him.  Mark with proof of insurance and about $60 will be able to title, register, and plate the truck.  Mission accomplished.

It is titled Yay!!!  Total Bonded Title coast was $134.  Saved about $141 over having the 3rd Party MVD do it.  It was a hassle but it is done now.

Well took it to Jack's Alignment and found out the frame is bent and it can not be aligned.

My brother Garret has a friend that has a frame straightening jig and equipment so I will get an estimate and if it is not to expensive I will have the frame straightened.

• 1 month later...