Charlie69's 1985 720 King Cab ST Parts Truck

Charlie69

Gene and I went to Prescott Valley and pulled the wiring harness from the 86 720 4x4 ST.  Gene was able to pull the sun roof glass, hardware, and rubber seal so I bought that also.  Now I need a cab with a hole in the roof.

on the way home going through Mayer AZ gene spots 2 620 beds in front of a tire shop on the side of the road.  We stop and talk to the old gentleman and get the 50 cent tour.  Well all the stuff is owned by his brother, and he told us his brother lives  in Black Canyon City and to go his business there.   In mayor there were 2 Datsun 620 beds one was actually a trailer, a 300 ZX v6 automatic, and a Lear camper shell that looks like it will fit a 620.

We go through Black Canyon City on our way home and we stop at Barnie's Bargain Barn Just across the street from the 4 B's Cafe.  I kid you not.

The manager of the Barn told us how to get to a trailer park owned by the guy that owns the stuff in Mayer and the little girl working in Barnie's Bargain Barn gave us the owner's phone number.

We head to the trailer park and it is a run down Jerry Springer type of place.   But the manager was correct there were cars trucks and equipment all over the place.  We found 2 Hardbodie's, a 4x4 720, and a 1977 620 flatbed.  There were several run down car haulers and a broken car dolly.  Any way it was getting late and we had to go.  Might go back up next week.

I will take some pictures.  Was afraid Jerry Springer's crew would confiscate our camera.

It was a good day.

• Like 1
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I received the certified letter back from the guy I purchased the truck from, he refused the letter.  Checked tracking on the second certified letter to the titled owner and It also is being returned to me as it was never picked up from the post office. As soon as I get it back I will be at the MVD office getting the value set on the truck.  Then it is off to the bond company and then back to MVD to get title and registration as a non op.

Then it will be time to work on this truck and get it ready for Mark.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well went back to MVD and they set the value at $2250 and went and got the bond it was $75.  The MVD will not issue title in Maricopa County until it passes emissions.  This truck is going to Mark PCD In Bullhead City AZ.  There are no emissions there so I will get it road worthy and drive it to Bullhead City MVD and title and register it there.  Then I will sale it to Mark for $1.

Oh forgot I will purchase a 3 day trip permit in Phoenix to drive it to Bull Head City.  That will cost me $3.

I am also gathering parts to rebuild the front end as there are missing castle nuts and cotter pins.  Need to reset the torsion bars to stock height.  I have a used fuel pump, all new fuel supply and return hoses, new fuel filter, and all new brake parts for this truck so when Mark gets it it will have all new brakes, new front end with alignment, rebuilt radiator, new u-joints and carrier bearing. and used windshield and rubber.  I will also do the spark plugs, wires, cap, and rotor.

That is all so far.

I got your message on my phone but I was not sure if it was a new or old message.

I am going to be going to Gene's early Saturday morning to work on your 85 720 King Cab ST.  If Tom can he will come by and install the windshield.  I hope to get the tank installed and the radiator in.  Gene dropped off the radiator the other day to Tom's Radiator.  Hope to get the brakes working and go through the clutch hydraulics and see what needs replacing.

Next weekend will be the front end rebuild and if I can get it dropped off for the front end alignment.  Possible tune up and if all checks out a trip to Bullhead City just before I have my first knee replacement surgery.

In my spare time I will try to get the front end work finished on my 520!  LOL

Gene and I worked on the ST today.  We jacked it back up and put it on 4 jack stands.  Installed the tank and new tank fuel lines and filter.  Installed a used fuel pump mounting bracket used fuel pump.  Pulled the drive line to get it ready for the the new carrier bearing and the new u-joints. 

Forgot to order the new transmission output shaft seal and I need to buy some break fluid so I will go to NAPA tomorrow.

I ordered everything else from Rock Auto last night and should have it all by next weekend.  We will attack it again next Saturday morning.

I did order the transmission seal from Rock Auto.  I need to order front shocks for it I have a new pair of KYB 344046 GR-2 for the rear.

Mark I need you to call me we need to arrange for you to come and pickup the truck.  I am going to try to get it title and registered here after I get it through emissions.

If possible I would like you to come on Sunday the 24th of April.  I have knee surgery on Monday the 25th and I will not be able to do any more to the truck after that.

Radiator is done just need to pick it up from Tom's Radiator, clean rod and repair $55.

The Rock Auto order should be here on Wednesday.  I will place the last Rock Auto order for the shocks and miscellaneous on Friday.  So I have 2 more weekends to work on it.

I hope that I can get Tom to help install the windshield as it did not work out last Saturday.

Sorry man I am just running out of time and money!  LOL

Charlie ty again and I'll be there hopefully the evening of the 23rd which is Sat. If not ill be there as the sun comes up Sunday.

That way we can get an early start on what needs to be done.

You'll need a few Datsun.decals on your walker to speed up your recovery lol

• Like 1